Author Topic: Lack of topics  (Read 6254 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Lack of topics
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:46:55 AM »
It may be me, but it seems like the volume of new topics have been slow lately.  I know that I live in a year round riding enviroment, but I also know that a percentage do not.  Do y'all think it is because it is winter right now and not much riding going on?
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline willo

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Lack of topics
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 05:11:14 AM »
Na probably all boring shits like me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :taz: :taz: :taz: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 05:36:39 AM »
It may be me, but it seems like the volume of new topics have been slow lately.  I know that I live in a year round riding enviroment, but I also know that a percentage do not.  Do y'all think it is because it is winter right now and not much riding going on?
Could be.  I know I don't run into a lot of "bike related" issues in the winter.  My only bike related issue right now is that I haven't seen any of them since Oct.   :banghead:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Pillage

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 07:26:51 AM »
Yup, it's been 3 1/2 weeks since I've riiden.  :annoy:
Maybe this weekend I 'll get out for an hour or two.  Other than that not much to post.
FZ1000S,  GSF1200SV,  CB750F
Support the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 09:07:34 AM »
My last ride was Janaury 1.  We've had some unusually warm days in the past few weeks (70+F a couple times, but right now it's in the 20s), but i had surgery on both feet on January 3, so it will be several more weeks before I even attempt a rde.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:48:28 PM »
Did some riding Sunday, temps in the 20sF. I think I blew my starter fuse trying to restart it after it sat for a while. Fortunately there was a big hill where I could bump it back to life, even cold frozen. Can't figure why it wouldn't start, I can usually start the B4 in any temp. Too cold to try and pry the fusebox open to see if it's the fuse, tho.  :grin:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:53:28 PM »
Did some riding Sunday, temps in the 20sF. I think I blew my starter fuse trying to restart it after it sat for a while. Fortunately there was a big hill where I could bump it back to life, even cold frozen. Can't figure why it wouldn't start, I can usually start the B4 in any temp. Too cold to try and pry the fusebox open to see if it's the fuse, tho.  :grin:

Yeah - there's a rumor that the tabs on that box can snap off in the cold.  Not that I have any personal experience with that at all!   :duh:  If you need a tabless B4 fusebox lid, I think I still have one....

No riding and WAY too much work going on here - I've been in Dallas (twice), Council Bluffs, IA and Danville, IL in the last 5 or 6 days... 
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline vwkaferman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 10:20:48 PM »
Yeah, I'm in Des Moines, Iowa right now. Bike is back in Mesa, AZ awaiting my return.

Cold isn't that bad, kinda cool since I know I'll be leaving it behind next week and heading back to AZ to warm up for a few weeks. Then it's off to even colder Maine for 2 weeks, Brrrr!!!

James
'74 Beetle. 0-60, probably.
'05 Bandit 1200

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 11:14:28 PM »

"Lack of Topics"- is now a topic!. Lets see, no riding lately, of course, that may change IF I BECOME SUICIDAL! :gatlin

One weekend coming up here, I got to install a New front fender (cracked from a drop year before last) and rear inner mudguard/fender (Previously Hacked- but want it back to stock now). Maybe I'll start a new Topic in the realm of "things we do while tweaking our bike while in storage and no-one else is watching?" :stickpoke: :monkeymoon:
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:55:50 AM »
I guess my idea of stirring up some conversation worked. :toocool:
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline TK421

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2008, 01:25:27 PM »
No time to post-- too busy riding!!   :bandit:
:bikeflip:

2002 GSF1200S

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2008, 07:08:46 PM »
 :sad: Lots of time to post, just nothing bike related happening :sad:

I did have a kick-off meeting with a few buds, we are planning a trip down through Western Idaho, then Oregon and into NE California at the end of May. Hope to ride through the Lassen Volcanic Reserve area, if it's open (likely too early) and then spend a couple of days on the highways North of Lake Tahoe before heading out to the Coast and back North. Hope to be gone 9 days or so, and cover 4500-5000 kms.

Ahh...lots of time to dream. -22deg C again this morning... :boohoo:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 07:50:10 PM by stormi »
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2008, 09:23:31 PM »

Sven.....Take of those feets.....banditone1250s.....

There is a thin line between fear and respect...Feel free to cross it every now and then... :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline vwkaferman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 11:04:22 PM »
:sad: Lots of time to post, just nothing bike related happening :sad:

I did have a kick-off meeting with a few buds, we are planning a trip down through Western Idaho, then Oregon and into NE California at the end of May. Hope to ride through the Lassen Volcanic Reserve area, if it's open (likely too early) and then spend a couple of days on the highways North of Lake Tahoe before heading out to the Coast and back North. Hope to be gone 9 days or so, and cover 4500-5000 kms.

Ahh...lots of time to dream. -22deg C again this morning... :boohoo:

All around Lake Tahoe are awesome roads. I want to ride all the way around the lake, beautiful out there.

James
'74 Beetle. 0-60, probably.
'05 Bandit 1200

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008, 06:27:06 AM »
  No riding here,cold and snowy. And I have been starting work by 7am with a hr drive to get there. (add a extra  hr of warming up the van,shoveling snow,starting the fire back up in the fireplace befor I leave)  But I have been working on the bike when I can get to it,just getting it ready for when the time comes. In the mean time, with the single didgit and low teen temps,a couple feet of snow, my wife and I have had our winter time naked scrabble tournament. Ahhh, it great being empty nesters! :grin: