Author Topic: Leather Repairs  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
Leather Repairs
« on: March 29, 2005, 11:22:24 PM »
Has anyone out there had to have their leathers repaired after a crash or altered to fit. If so who did you use and how was the service. I need to get the arms and legs of my Joe Rocket leathers shortened

:beers:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Leather Repairs
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 11:45:02 PM »
Here's one guy I see at the WERA races.
http://www.racingleather.com/home/home.html

Might be somebody closer...
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
Good People
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 09:59:07 AM »
There is a couple in Austell, GA, that do a really good job at a great rate.  Call Ann Turner at 770 941-1142.  She advertises qipper replacement, enlargement, roadrash patching, etc.  She and husband Randy ride....A LOT.  She is one of the best and a bunch of the WERA guys use her service.  I once sent riding suit to Midland up your way to use while sledding, but the postal service charged me import tax.  Don't know how you'll get around it, but it worth a try. :wink:

Offline ray nielsen

• Board Homesteader!
Leather Repairs
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 02:39:58 PM »
Tom the Tailor in Minneapolis does very good work, but is NOT cheap.  You can probably find him with a search.  He charged me $70 to replace the front zipper and to attach two new zipper pulls on the sleeve zippers.

Offline Slider

• Board Homesteader!
Shortened, but how.
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 10:01:16 PM »
I did this with Technic stuff, tho not leather.
The legs were too long and dragged in the dirt over boots.
The trouble is that any armor/reinforcements on the knees will be moved when shortened above the knee.
In hindsight, the armour cups on the knees were correct on the bike but descended off of it, (leg length seems to be longer bent which hikes up the pants). I had 1.5" cut out of a seam above the knees which solved the length  problem. They are correct when I stand upright, but hiked the knee joint/armor above my knees when on the bike.
Now they are too tight in the knees for long distance.
I'm not sure what the solution to this is.
A cut in panel would alleviate the tightness, but destroy waterproofing. It would also allow the reinforced part to be pushed/rotated away on crash contact and thus useless even whith straight legs.

Anybody else have ideas on this.

It seems most of this stuff is designed for Six foot guys who weight 150 lbs.

I may post this thread by itself if others deem it worthwhile.

Mike, waiting for spring but still sking!
Bandit 12, Yoshi can, jets, KNN, Gen Mar risers, 3 Givi 36L hardbags

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Leather Repairs
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 12:03:38 AM »
These guys are located in Ontario. I've never had anything repaired, but I've heard nothing but glowing reviews. Check them out:

www.bickleracing.com
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.