Author Topic: looking for flush amber indicators  (Read 3062 times)

Offline bucciant

• New user!
looking for flush amber indicators
« on: August 04, 2010, 10:00:19 PM »
just purchased an undertray for my  '07 bandit 1250S from a company in England.  Very nice.  Comes with amber indicators.  Want to purchase front flush mounted indicators in amber to match.  This company does not carry them.  Been going crazy searching for these babies.  Anyone know of a place where I can find them?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: looking for flush amber indicators
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »
Are you in the UK, US, or somewhere else?
It shouldn't be too hard to find flush mounts in the US, there's all sorts of online discount accessories outfits that carry that sort of thing.  You just have to find the store that has the ones you like best.

I used Motrax LED arrow blinkers on the back of my B12 and they've been holding up great!  They do offer a flush mount designed to fill up the holes left behind from front signals.  Here's one source for these:

http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1=5000&L2=7&L3=&L4=&item=MRX_LFH1_G
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline bucciant

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 04:14:19 PM »
I live in Bethlehem Pennsylvania...good ole USA.  Found a company in GBritian called Motoevolution.  Has a terrific looking Undertray that incorporates the stock rear red brake light.  I love that light so I like this choice.  Problem is the pics show the indicators in amber with black trim.  Not clear.  So I am looking for amber front indicators to match.  Or I have to find out if ME carries the same undertray with clear indicators.

The good people at Motoevolution NEVER reply to my email requests.  I have questions and do not want to purchase overseas until I get the proper answers.  I am waiting to go to work before calling them.  Save a little money that way :)

I'd like the Undertail with clear indicators.  There are many sources for flush mount front clear indicators in our country.

A note, the link you gave me to the universal front indicators has 7 reviews.  6 of them are horrible.  Seems they don't fit correctly.  Holeshot has a great set and I trust Dale...even though I did give him a little trouble with stupid questions regarding my slip on purchase.

He used to carry an Undertail just like the one Motoevolution has.  Suddenly he switched to a different one I do not like at all. 

So this is where I stand...I need  info from Motoevolution before I purchase the flush front indicators.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
Flush mount ambers aren't usually a problem to find either, at least in non-LED variety.  I've been in several of my local dealerships lately and all them had a selection of aftermarket indicators.  I haven't looked at the 1250's that closely, but you might be able to install a set GSXR mirrors that have have the indicators built in.  You could then fill in the stock blinker holes with Holeshot's front LED kit.

BTW, when I checked out the undertrays on the Motoevolution site for your bike, they showed them with both clear and amber indicators, so it shouldn't be difficult to get clear if you'd prefer.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline bucciant

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:52:59 PM »
Motoevolution does not show an undertail tray with clear indicators that is pre painted gloss black.  They show them in other colors and unpainted.  I want a painted gloss black tray with clear indicators.

Now, I realize Motoevolution probably carries a tray like that.  But they do not have it on their website and they do not have an part number for one.  I can't order one without a part number.  I've been trying to contact them by email to save the $40 or so it would cost to call them.  They NEVER reply to my email messages!  If I have and issue with anything I order from them I would need to call them and pay that cost. 

Therefore I will not order a thing from that company. 

There is a company in France that carries this tray and they have been very good at responding to my emails.  The only issue I have with them is it's France.  Preferred dealing with UK to France.  Plus there have been many security issues purchasing online from that country.

So here I am wondering if Motoevolution will get their act together and actually write me back?  Sure wish Holeshot offered this tray.  That would fix everything.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »
OK, I understand what you're saying now.  When I bought stuff from overseas, I didn't have to worry about the expense of calling because my VOIP carrier lets me call most of Europe free.

If your internet is cable or DSL, you could sign up for Vonage for ~$26 and call 'em and it would still be cheaper than a $40 LD call with whoever you've got now.  Or perhaps Skype is an option?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)