Author Topic: Motorcycle stunt lands driver in hospital  (Read 2091 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
Motorcycle stunt lands driver in hospital
« on: July 19, 2005, 11:01:36 AM »
Motorcycle stunt lands driver in hospital

THE WOODLANDS -- An unsuccessful motorcycle trick late Saturday night put a Spring man and his passenger in the hospital after their motorcycle crashed into the rear window of another vehicle.

Joel Ryan, 22, was driving with Justin McGraw as a passenger when the accident occurred on the southbound Interstate 45 feeder road near just Lake Robins Drive just after 10 p.m.
"We have a motorcycle going over the posted speed limit popping wheelies on the I-45 southbound feeder," said Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Mike Wheless. "Witness statements say they were moving at a high rate of speed popping wheelies."
The driver of the motorcycle, Ryan, is still in intensive care after suffering a fractured skull, concussion, and bleeding on the brain. He was taken by air ambulance to Memorial Hermann Hospital in Houston.
McGraw, 21, the male passenger from Spring, was treated and released after suffering a broken wrist and road rash. He was taken by ground ambulance to Memorial Herman The Woodlands Hospital emergency room.
The motorcycle hit a white 2001 Saturn driven by Deronica Harris, 25, of Spring. Harris' passenger was Patrick Horn, 27, of Spring. Neither Harris nor Horn was injured. The Saturn was in the middle lane of the feeder road and Harris was about to move into the left lane to enter I-45 when the incident occurred.
"The motorcycle drove over the back of the car and into the back window," Wheless said.
Both occupants of the motorcycle were drug by the bike about 150-200 feet. Ryan was released from the bike's grip about 10 feet from the motorcycle's resting position.
"He stopped due to friction," Wheless said, adding the driver has road rash on his arms, legs and the back of his head. The passenger ran into the woods after the incident and was later located by officials.
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......