Author Topic: Highway pegs for the B6?  (Read 2685 times)

Offline Airmotive

• Board Homesteader!
Highway pegs for the B6?
« on: June 07, 2005, 11:32:35 PM »
Anyone got 'em? Hard to mount and still look decent?

I'm beginning to realize my legs are a bit long for this bike. (6'2")
It's comfy for a few hours of slab-attack, but for really long hauls....fugitahboudit.

missing the VX800 again....hmmmm :boohoo:
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Highway pegs for the B6?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 08:20:49 AM »
I’ve got a 1200. Bought the Givi engine guard and put the pegs on it. Definitely makes a difference on a long ride. The Givi is made with a 7/8” OD bar. So I went to one of the local no brand specific motorcycle parts stores bought the clamps and pegs put them on the engine guard and ride in comfort with my long legs stretched out.

:motorsmile:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline dcMinnesota

• Board Regular!
Highway pegs for the B6?
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 10:10:07 AM »
got 'em on my 03 b6.  have suzuki engine guards that i mount them too.  in the process now of trying to get them to work right.  had them on the lower bar of the engine guard, but that limited my cornering if they folded down while i was in corners/twisties (big problem now, not my first year of riding a couple years ago when i put them on there).  moved 'em to the top bar of the guards but not comfortable to use.  thinking of getting some sort of extension to drop em down from the top bar 3 - 5 inches and maybe out forward a bit more... don't have it all worked out yet, but i'll get there.

and i definately use(d) them all the time when doing so longer distance highway riding (while not in traffic... don't trust not having the ability to shift right away if need to brake quickly).  

phil
-------
"Don't push it. Just let it fall." Duke Ellington

Offline scooter trash

• Board Homesteader!
  • Never Be The First To Get Old !
Highway pegs for the B6?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 10:24:19 AM »
I specifically bought the bars to put pegs on them.  That’s why I bought the Givi bars instead of the Suzuki bars. The Givi has a vertical bar in front that I mounted the pegs to unlike the Suzuki bars that are basically U shaped with no bar in front.
 :motorsmile:
00 Red Bandit 1200S (Gone But Not Forgotten)
96 Red Harley Springer
04 Sportster
11 BMW R1200RT
scooters - in - the - wind

"Hollow Points" - From Those Who Care To Send The Very Best

Offline Airmotive

• Board Homesteader!
Highway pegs for the B6?
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 09:30:40 PM »
Pics?? :thanks:
Give a man a match, and he'll be warm for a minute, but set him on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.