Author Topic: Moved to the green side of the fence  (Read 3582 times)

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
Moved to the green side of the fence
« on: August 06, 2006, 04:41:12 AM »
Well, I should have posted this about a month ago, but I got tired of all of the problems I was having with the b4.  Was hanging out at the local dealer and they had a brand new Kawi Z1000 sitting on a podium.  Decided I liked it, so here it is.  I'm rebuilding the Bandit for the wife now.

Ron

edit*  ok, the images will not show, so just go here:  http://www.kawiforums.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=62828
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 08:59:07 AM »
:sad:

*** Attachment hidden. Please register or log in to view. ***
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 07:19:05 PM »
I'll see if I can't get the pics loaded later tonight.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 10:48:42 PM »
Day of purchase

With corbin seat, crg mirrors, fender eleminator,cortech tail and saddlebags installed

And new Arai RX-7 Tommy Hayden replica helmet.

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 10:50:05 PM »
I have a ZX-9r header to install as soon as I can find a decent slip-on for it.  Then a PCIII and a K & N and I'll be done for a while.  Well, as long as the wife can keep my purchases at bay... :lol:

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Robbieukb12

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 03:24:02 PM »
There a damn fine looking bike except for them pea shooters for exhausts, they'd be the first mod i'd do except for that its like a said a damn good machine.

Not sure if you get them in the U.S. but did you take a look at the Yamaha Fazer 1000 that would be my replacement if the B12 was to go.
enjoy your new ride.

Robbie
Robbie
2002 B12s
Ivan's jet kit
Scorpion exhaust

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 07:05:30 PM »
:congrats: Nice bike. Is it quick? How does it handle?

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 07:23:37 PM »
Quote from: Robbieukb12
There a damn fine looking bike except for them pea shooters for exhausts, they'd be the first mod i'd do except for that its like a said a damn good machine.

Not sure if you get them in the U.S. but did you take a look at the Yamaha Fazer 1000 that would be my replacement if the B12 was to go.
enjoy your new ride.

Robbie

Yes, I thought about the FZ1.  I've always liked Yamahas bikes.  I just found this one to be a lot more comfortable and it's a little lower to the ground so I can flat foot it a lot easier.  And yes, I'm already taking measures to get rid of the exhaust.  I have a full header, just working on getting a slip-on.

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 07:28:29 PM »
Quote from: WEINERDOGBONE
:congrats: Nice bike. Is it quick? How does it handle?

From Sport rider

1/4 mile      60-80   80-100
Z1000 ('03)  8/03  10.73 @ 126.4   4.15     4.47  

They didn't list a top speed, but I've seen 160 on the speedo.  Got scared and let off, still had another 2,000 rpm's in second gear.

As far as the ride, it is amazing.  The torque curve feels flat as a board.  Constant power all the time, no surges at all and no powerband per se.  Just gobs of power from off idle to redline.  Going 60 mph on the hwy in 6th, you don't have to downshift to pass, just twist the wrist. :bigok:

I love it.

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 12:35:12 AM »
I love that flat metallic blue colour (I'm not sure what its actually called, but thats my best description). I thought it was pretty fancy last time I was at  the stealership.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 12:38:55 AM »
Candy Flat Raw Plasma Blue
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline jbrough7

• Highway Goddess
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2006, 07:06:08 AM »
Beautiful bike!  I have a soft spot for those things...and they are always priced nice!  I was sorta thinking of one if I ever outgrow the Bandit.  Only negative I've heard is that there is a lot of vibration. I mean so much at 60 mph that it can drive you crazy.  You feel any of that?  How about that fairing?  Does it do anything??  Congrats on the Kawi.

Jim

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 07:44:42 PM »
The vibration is a little annoying, but no more than I had on the B4.  The fairing actually does a pretty good job of blocking some stuff.  Of course it is not all clear, it is a short little thing.  But it also is better than the B4's single headlight.  I have some more pics I took today, I'll see if I can get them loaded.

Ron
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey