Author Topic: Oh PLEASE....  (Read 4468 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Oh PLEASE....
« on: May 12, 2008, 09:03:16 PM »
.... let me make this pass!!!!!!!!

LOL!  This is the end of a pass on a really tough, blind, fast, downhill righthander at BeaveRun.  (Passing rules in my group prohibit passing on the inside of turns)  I just thought it was hysterical he caught me in a blink.  Why was I even blinking then???? 

I DID have my eyes open!  Here's the frame before:

« Last Edit: May 12, 2008, 09:08:20 PM by PitterB4 »
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Mongo

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Oh PLEASE....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 09:48:25 PM »
Cool Pics Pitter!! :thumb:
02 1200 Fighter
Do chickens fly? Yea and a Hell of a lot faster than reindeer!!!!

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »
Cool shots Pitter!!

.... let me make this pass!!!!!!!!

Oh yea, I'm sure your eyes were open, BUT are you sure you wern't doing a quick "Hail Mary" not just a blink? :stickpoke:
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 03:59:28 AM »
My caption for this pic:

This is so easy, I can do it in my sleep!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 12:05:57 PM »
My caption for this pic:

This is so easy, I can do it in my sleep!

:clap:
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 09:21:39 AM »
Honestly, that was my first real day running in that class where passing in the turns is permitted (slipped with the bike in the pits and tore a ligament in my knee in my first one  :duh:, moderate to heavy rain in the next 4!).  That was my first time passing anyone in that particular turn.  If you get too far outside in that turn, there's a good dip that really upsets the bike.  I was scared shitless!   :bolt:  But, I hadn't been able to pass that guy in the straights or braking AND.... I knew the photog was set up there...   :motorsmile:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline orionburn

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2008, 09:29:01 AM »
I was scared shitless!

I was going to say if you had the two pictures reversed the one with your eyes open look like you're saying "oh shit!" and then in the next pic it's the expression of "oooooh this is gonna hurt....."

Nice job on the pass  :thumb: Aiming for my first track day in August so I'm a bit nervous about running hard that close to somebody.
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

87 FZR1000
03 Bandit 1200S

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2008, 09:36:25 AM »
Aiming for my first track day in August so I'm a bit nervous about running hard that close to somebody.

I highly recommend NESBA.  They really treat beginners very well.  You will have a blast!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 09:23:51 PM »
 :clap: Awsome Rob!  I'm looking foward to June 2nd,I'll be doing open practice @ Nelson Ledges. I have pretty much everything drilled on the SV that needs drilled ( oil drain plug yet) then I can start wiring. In open pratice you can pass inside or out. In the school (w/ Fasttrax) they let you go pretty much in the afternoon and passing on the outside only. Practice is cheaper too.$125 for the vs 200. After having the yearly $50. membship card.
  I have stock gearing (because I have more street time than track time) and no PCIII. I spent the $ on tires instead, a pair of 208GP-As .I have a hard time pulling on the staights, I have to catch up in the turns too.    Dan

Offline BANDIT#999

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2008, 03:44:36 PM »
Actually, the guy you're passing does not look impressed at all!  :motorsmile:
The look he's giving you...not a good idea to look at the guy passing you in a corner though, should be looking where he wants to go.
If tomorrow really is the first day of the rest of my life..........does that mean all the shit I do today don't count?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
Actually, the guy you're passing does not look impressed at all!  :motorsmile:
The look he's giving you...not a good idea to look at the guy passing you in a corner though, should be looking where he wants to go.

I hadn't even noticed that he was looking at me.  No wonder I was able to pass him!  He's thinking "that old F3 is not passing me!  I've got more stickers than him!" 

Dan - you and I are going to have to get down to Beaver together some time!  Oh wait... I should probably rephrase that!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2008, 05:33:49 PM »
Yeah that was a thank god i made it over the hill and passed with out wheelie-ing
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2008, 07:36:46 AM »

Dan - you and I are going to have to get down to Beaver together some time!  Oh wait... I should probably rephrase that!
[/quote]
 That would be cool Rob, July is out, I'm vacationing with the wife. Maybe later in the summer. Fasttrax is my cheapest date, already have the yearly $50.,so I can ride all day for $125.
  Wasn't catchig up to any fast guys in the turns, and I deffinatly need to gear down to get more into the power range.I'd catch a 600rr and we hit the straight,and he'd walk away. Never hit redline all day.Go down to a 520 setup.Had a great time though,3 guys in my class ran a faster pace and a few that ran a slower pace. I took the 1st session just refamilarizing myself with the track. Could get off a bit more,was leaving room for error. Put on 168 miles in the day.And the last session they let the track school class join in with us.So we had more riders to pass.And we got a 35 min instead of 20.  Later, Dan