Author Topic: OK...not motorcycle stuff, but how about a new computer?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
OK...not motorcycle stuff, but how about a new computer?
« on: October 20, 2010, 12:16:20 AM »
As someone pointed out, we had a pretty general discussion going in the Ohio forum. So, in the interest of keeping things closer to where they should be, I will start this new computer post here. ( Now we just need Red01 to come along an move it to where it really belongs  :stickpoke: )

New as of last winter for me
Asus G51J-A1:  i7-720QM, 4GB DDR3, 15.6" 1920 x1080 full HD LED screen, 2x320GB drives, and Win7 Premium.  I get almost a full hour out of the battery.  Really, LED screen with a Quad core?  :)
The learning curve for Win7 isn't too bad.  MS hasn't really done anything innovative since Win95.

OK Stormi...I'm surprised that your new little laptop only runs an hour? This new 18.4" Toshiba should run about 4 hours (12 cell battery  :grin: ), or so the count down says. haven't used it long enough yet to know. I'm just getting around to installing McAfee & MS Office stuff tonight, so I haven't really started using it much yet.

As you said, we didn't connect after your little jaunt through the Spokane and West Kootenay areas this past summer. You should really make the time to post some thoughts and pics (if you have them) of your little trip. Give me some notice if you come again next year, and I'll make sure I'm available as a tour guide. I assume you found some of the roads we discussed?
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: OK...not motorcycle stuff, but how about a new computer?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 11:02:15 AM »
I thought about moving it to the computer section, but refrained since there is some m/c related content, despite your title.
Back atcha  :stickpoke:  :bandit:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 03:01:36 PM »
Good to hear from you Red.

I'm still kicking myself for missing the Bandit+ ride this summer. I had mapped out several of those roads on previous trips, but have not ridden most of them.

Maybe you can get Bobcat or your son to post up some pics, and a little ride report?

I'm committing to myself already that I need to get out more in 2011. I may just be out of this business venture by summer, which could make things easier.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 03:50:56 PM »
Mobilemike was the only one who took any pics and he hasn't answered any of my requests for a post and/or copies.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)