Author Topic: Pete's DR650 site?  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
Pete's DR650 site?
« on: November 30, 2006, 10:20:36 PM »
Anyone know what has happened to Pete's DR650 site??

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 01:03:46 AM »
http://www.banditmotorcycles.com/

Looks like Pete's work schedule has dominated his time.  The domain name expired (wait, and he'll fill yall in)...  It was never used as much as BA anyway, I believe...

Here's the current html page info:
Notice: This domain name expired on 11/03/06 and is pending renewal or deletion

Mike :)

Offline Grissom

• TURBO TYPER!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:31:47 AM »
Already saw that. I was wondering if he was just letting the site go or if he is bringing it back  :?:

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 03:03:26 PM »
What is it Pete's been doing all this time?  I know working, but what godawful kind of job is it?  If he told us, I've forgotten after this long.

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 05:10:54 PM »
Truck driver...  on the road in hotels all the time..  you know how companies like to maxmize mileage on their drivers  :roll: ...

Remember he changed the site a while back just to be able to read it from a PDA in the truck, much less admin anything...

But, I really don't know any more than that, so wait for him to chime in next time he's homeand has a internet accessible PC=that's just my personal take on it, nothing more we can do-he owns the domains and is domain admin...

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »
Truck driver...  on the road in hotels all the time..  you know how companies like to maxmize mileage on their drivers  :roll: ...

Maybe we should all chip in a buck ( or in the case of us canucks, $1.15.   :duh: ) and send him an internet capable laptop for use in those hotels.  

Last time I stayed in a couple of hotels in the states, they both had internet access for registered guests.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 10:08:11 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure he'd appreciate it, Stormi...  maybe time is a factor too.  I know when I'm on a heavy schedule, bout the only thing on my mind after work is dinner, shower, get everything ready for tomorrow, and sleep-no brain activity...  I'm on disability now, waiting on a liver, so I all I'm doing is remembering my out of towners... Who knows... :beers: Mike :)

Offline jeepskate99

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 08:08:48 PM »
I stay in hotels constantly.  In fact I'm in one now.  They almost ALL have free high speed internet,
There are no stupid questions,  only stupid people asking questions!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2006, 05:54:51 AM »
Yeah, I'm sure he'd appreciate it, Stormi...  maybe time is a factor too.  I know when I'm on a heavy schedule, bout the only thing on my mind after work is dinner, shower, get everything ready for tomorrow, and sleep-no brain activity...  I'm on disability now, waiting on a liver, so I all I'm doing is remembering my out of towners... Who knows... :beers: Mike :)

I hear that! :)  I mostly figured that if he's playing with a palm to get access, he might have better luck with a laptop.  Of course I was assuming the palm was being used while in the hotel room. If he's driving, all bets are off. :)

Sorry to hear about the health problems! :(  Keep your chin up!
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »
Quote from: "mike"

I remember you mentioning that before.  How long you been waiting?  Are you pretty high on the list, I hope?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2006, 09:13:14 AM »
Sorry... hadn't checked this thread...  I'm pretty sure Pete's stays in hotels are few and far between.  He sleeps in his truck a large % of the time.  He has a laptop but usually either can't find WIFI for it or is too pooped to boot it up and log on.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2006, 11:04:01 AM »
Hey Herb...  Yep, it's been a long journey for sure.  9 years with Liver disease, which I knew would eventually need a transplant.  They estimated 5 years, I made it 9 before it got bad.  Anywho, it went bad this summer and they put me on the program to get one.  Apparently, it was a longer process than I expected, tests and more tests.  I'm on the final leg of the wait, they estimate beginning of 2007 and I'll be in the OR getting one.  Right now I just manage what I can and ry to stay strong for the surgery and finish my final education and testing.  It's a lifelong commitment type surgery, anti rejection drugs for the rest of my life, diet, etc...  The surgery takes about 10 hrs, then a 1 month hospital stay, 3 months in a medical transplant community to address complications as they arise and about 6-8 months of recovery at home.  Total 1 yr recovery. They say the liver transplants are more stressful to the body than any other organ transplant (heart, kidney, lung, etc...)...  It just takes forever to get the metabolism back to speed.

It is getting real near the end for me though, right now I have to go get about 20-25 lbs of fluid drained weekly off my abdomen (That’s around 10 liters that collects in there each week).  Definitely gets uncomfortable at the end of each weekly cycle; like carrying around 3 full gallon jugs in my belly.  They've drained almost 200 lbs in the past 2 months-ughhh!!!  Nothing like getting a big fat qtip sized needle stuck in my belly and watching a tube drain into a vacuum bottle once a week.  Hey, it feels great about 24 hrs later-all that weight gone for a couple days.  That's about all I do know besides rest, diet and take all my meds.  One of the meds helps alot, because it causes the colon to draw poison from the blood into it; the side effect is constant diarrhea though (but it does help clean out the blood some).

Just waiting for 2007 to get here and keeping my mind active and attitude positive.  That's it, the secret to it.

Thanks for asking Herb and Stormi, appreciate the concern and friendship.
Mike :)  :beers:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2006, 01:22:03 PM »
Good luck, Mike.  Lots of positive vibes from this part of the world for you!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
Pete's DR650 site?
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2006, 05:06:53 PM »
You never know what the big guy in the sky has planned for you,,,,, good thoughts coming your way.  :wink:
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!