Author Topic: pissed someone off already  (Read 6928 times)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
pissed someone off already
« on: April 01, 2005, 07:55:10 AM »
Wend. all my tools were at work,so I was able to get my 1st ride in for March.Weather that day was the best so far. It is just over 40 miles to Meadville from Erie,where I'm building a marble steamroom. Had a nice ride to work,back roadways are a bit dirtyfrom tractors,and potholes from winter. On the way home I ended up making a couple stops along the way. (seems that it takes me longer to get home on the bike,because I stop to visit pepole) After the last visit, I took the fastest smoothest roadway back to the shop where I keep my bike. I'm almost a mile from my destination when I come the the only traffic light on the way back . A car is sitting at the light, so I timed it that instead of waiting for the car,I just kept rolling off the right side of the car and the light turned green and I was gone. Well I see by the guys headlights that he's trying to keep up. I turn into the shop,and up the ramp and he pulls in behind me. He jumps out asking me what my problem is. Well, shit I'm not scared to dance if he wants to get froggy! I was a wrestling coach and can usally controll someone without ever having to punch someone. so I walk down to him , he has 2 teenage daughter in the car and he has booze breath. So actully instead of embarrasing him in front of his daughters who were already embarassed. I stayed in his face but was able to clam things down instead of throwing him down. But it seems like I can't get through the 1st month befor someone flips me the bird or wants to chase me down. :blahblah:

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2005, 09:21:13 AM »
Why didn't you call the cops on the guy with the booze on his breath?
  He's possibly driving drunk, and is aggressive and stupid enough to chase down somebody on a bike, WITH HIS DAUGHTERS IN THE CAR, and confront them.  Eventually, he could hurt somebody, probably somebody who doesn't deserve it.

Strangely enough, you may have done something that was illegal, or 'stupid', if you went around the van waiting for the light to change on shoulder, or in a turning lane.
  If I'm picturing what you did correctly, it's pretty risky, also.
 Most people don't use turn signals, and it's real probable they'll turn in front of you, or even intentionally try to block you.

My motto is..."let the dumbarses kill themselves or each other, and I'll be glad to give them the space to do it!"
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline Landry

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2005, 09:37:47 AM »
You may have been a tad out of line, but at least you didn't beat the loser up.

Be careful.  Many lives have been lost due to the absent turn signal on the booze-breathing dragon's conveyance!!  If drunk dude had opted for a right just as you came around . . . could be trouble.   :grin:
Ever noticed that they don't make helmets out of bone? There's a reason.

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 11:58:41 PM »
Well, shit I'm not scared to dance if he wants to get froggy! I was a wrestling coach and can usally controll someone without ever having to punch someone

:lol: Sometimes I miss living up in that part of the country.  I grew up in Akron/Cleveland.
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2005, 12:59:12 PM »
If the stooge didnt have his daughters with him , might have been worth it to to level him , what an as_ . :duh:
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2005, 03:13:48 PM »
I had some dude road raging me on the way to work, so I pulled into a parking lot to have a "discussion" with him about his problem.  He was being an arsehole, driving like a nut, cutting me off, etc.  When I walked up to his car, he had a little one strapped in a car seat.   I just shook my head and walked back to my car, where I probably should have stayed in the first place.
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
yeah, nothing good ever comes of that!
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2005, 06:12:38 PM »
as much as you want to pound someone into a pulp and smash all their windows and lights sometimes, you can bet the state police will happen by just in time to see you in all your glory and give you a free ride to the iron bar hotel. fun to think about just how much damage you could do with some small tools from your tool kit though. :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2005, 08:38:26 PM »
Tools? I think if you're wearing armored gloves, you wouldn't need anything else.

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2005, 09:20:56 PM »
I can only think of two words. MAD MAX

Seriously, are those yours? I just couldn't picture those on the bars of a Bandit. With all that metal on there can they possibly be comfortable.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2005, 09:40:43 PM »
I had a set, and they were pretty nice and comfortable except for one thing... I must have weird shaped hands, because every glove I've tried with armored knuckles rubs the knuckle between the back of my hands and my fingers... so the Icon TiMax gloves went back to the store.

One thing about the TiMax gloves, despite them having a lot of leather, all that titanium makes great cold sinks, so they didn't make good cold weather gloves... and I'm guessing they would likewise be pretty hot in the heat of summer.

They do have a badass character tho!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2005, 10:12:07 PM »
kinda what i figured. good for looks(if you like them)but not so good in function. I use Joe Rocket Blizzard gloves for the cold. They are waterproof and have a built in sheild wiper. I originally thought the wiper was BS but if youpull it across the shield right the damn thing works. They're good to about 35-40F at highway speeds. I have Icon Tarmacs for warm days but don't really like them. I'm going leather next time for both warm and cold. Any suggestions?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2005, 10:47:20 PM »
I hate the clumsy feeling of thick winter gloves. I use the same gloves for all seasons. When it gets cold, I turn on the grip heaters.

I do have a pair of winter gauntlets, but I haven't used them once since the grip heaters went on.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2005, 10:59:13 PM »
I'll have to add grip heaters to my to do list. It gets pretty chilly some mornings here in PA. Not that I mind though. A couple of 30F mornings I had to stop half way to work and put my hands behind the pipe because I couldn't stand it anymore. Must have looked like a moron but it sure helped. I get some real funny looks on some of those real cold days that separate the men from the boys. Must be pretty chilly where you are too huh?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2005, 11:09:23 PM »
:lol: Not like PA! Not here in the coastal zone. We don't get a lot of freezing weather, and <0*F is practically unheard of. Head into the Cascade Mountains and it's a different story. The eastern side of the range has weather more like what you get.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2005, 11:56:07 PM »
Had God not driven Man from the Garden of Eden, the Sierra Club would have.

Geez, Paul, eaten any fried spotted owl lately?  

Besides, if it wasn't for the enviros, there might not be any Garden left.
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e