Author Topic: Replacing The Bandit1200 With A '06 Hayabusa  (Read 10871 times)

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Replacing The Bandit1200 With A '06 Hayabusa
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:31:04 AM »
Looks like I'm going to finally get to replace my '97 1200. I've been looking around for a newer bike for a while, went to a local dealer to look at a new '06 FJR1300, a used '05 Bandit 1200 and a used '05 Busa. When I got there they had sold the FJR already, so I was looking at this '05 silver and black Busa with less than 4,000 miles on it. I've always wanted a Busa and I thought I better get one before I get too old to ride one. I'm talking to the salesman about the '05 Busa and I see they have a new '06 in black marked down to $9,995. Decided I might as well get the '06 for a grand more and have a warranty. We worked out the deal and applied for a loan. Dealer said he wouldn't know about the loan until the next day. By the time I drove home he had called and said I was approved! The only thing is they don't want to give much for the Bandit. I'm going to strip all my accessories and sell them and try to sell the Bandit myself. If I can't sell it before I pick-up the Busa I'll have to take what they will give me for it.
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 08:11:58 AM »
:lol: Congrats on the new Busa, I have built a couple of Busas for other people, have always wanted one, but just havn't bit the bullit yet :motorsmile:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 10:25:15 AM »
:congrats:  and good luck selling the Bandit

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 10:44:11 AM »
Too bad you will have to give up your membership to BanditAlleyBBS now that your selling your bandit (just kidding). Hope you don’t miss the standard ringing position as the Busa will predominantly have you in the football stance. I agree with you going for what you want before the age kicks in as I am also considering a future Concours 14 purchase but at 49 I know I must stay in the predominantly upright riding position and add a little more comfort without compromising performance which I hope the Concouse will offer. I must say though that the Busa has the sweetest fairing and body covering I have ever seen.

v/r Gunner G :congrats:

PS, since you are financing the bike, I hope you looked at the full coverage insurance cost on the Busa compared to you old Bandito, it should be eye opening to say the least...

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 10:59:39 AM »
What are the "accessories" that you are going to sell? I might be enterested in them.
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 12:20:40 PM »
banditnek:
Way to go !!! If I was your age, or younger, fer shure I'd have a 'Busa. After all, the 'Busa is really a very[/u] sophisticated Bandit, IMO. Same "attitude", same "mission",
same "road less travelled" looks, etc etc.
Enjoy your new ride. :beers:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 01:11:41 PM »
Age has nothing to do with, ride what you like. I will be 60 my next birthday, and untill th Bandit, I had GSXRs and a RF 900. :motorsmile:

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Insurance & parts for sale
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 03:08:53 PM »
Swamp rat the parts I'm selling are listed in The parts for sale section of this site. The insurance for a Busa with Progressive,the insurance company I'm using now, is over $1700/year. That was gonna break the deal! Geico only wants $655/year. Roamr said Progressive was a rip-off, he was right. Geico will be getting my business now.
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline Russtang

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://russruss.com
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 08:00:43 PM »
That's weird.  Geico quoted me nearly $800 on my 91 400 for full coverage.  Progressive was less than $180.

Dunno how they calculate these rates, but it sure seems screwy.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 10:11:02 PM »
Yup Geico is good. I pay $99 a year total for all three of my motorcycles, 05 Bandit 1200, 04 DRZ400s, and 06 Vino 125. Of course that is 300k legal Liability only (paid cash or credit card). In 34 years never had a bike stolen yet always tool harden locked & chained to something stationary. The way I figure it, if you can stay off full coverage insurance for 5 years (liability only), you can use the money saved to buy another new bike cash rather then having the insurance company steel it anyway in the form of high cost money anyway.
 :idea:

Offline 06 Greyhound

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 10:54:34 PM »
:congrats:  on the Busa
I think where you live has a lot to do with the cost of insurance.  Here I would have to use a high end insurance company.  My agent had to twist a few arms to get my company to insure my Bandit 1200. They had it on the restricted list.  I got full coverage for 800 and that is not a bad deal for this part of the world.

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 01:47:34 PM »
Age has nothing to do with, ride what you like. I will be 60 my next birthday, and untill th Bandit, I had GSXRs and a RF 900.

Well, bholland, my helmet is off to you.
Unfortunately your theory is fine only as long as your physical and mental capacities are still up to speed (no pun intended).
My eyesight isn't what it used to be and I've also noticed that my decision-making abilities are actually slowing down. I'm sure if I got on a Gixxer thou or a 'Busa I'd end up in serious difficulties very soon, mainly because things happen so quickly[/u] on both those bikes. I have a feeling I'd be "behind the curve" for quite awhile on either of those bikes.....
Yes, I know, you only have to turn the loud handle so far....but both of those bikes have a VERY steep learning curve and I don't think my faculties would allow me escape unscathed, never mind what the bike would look like afterwards.
Nope, I think the Bandit is going to be the limit for me for the forseeable future, barring my physical/mental resurrection..... :wink:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 05:52:03 PM »
Well, bholland, my helmet is off to you.
Unfortunately your theory is fine only as long as your physical and mental capacities are still up to speed (no pun intended).

Every mans got to know his limitations. :beers:
All kidding aside, I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt on one, but if you ride within yourself, and not take chances but practice, you could handle the Busa, it is a very easy bike to ride. :motorsmile:

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2006, 04:31:00 AM »
Quote from: "06 Greyhound"
:congrats:  on the Busa
I think where you live has a lot to do with the cost of insurance.  Here I would have to use a high end insurance company.  My agent had to twist a few arms to get my company to insure my Bandit 1200. They had it on the restricted list.  I got full coverage for 800 and that is not a bad deal for this part of the world.

My insurance was $650.00 Full coverage for the Bandit, Busa insurance was $2200 +.

Still riding Bandit....Busa is a very fine bike and quite comfortable with hella bars & an aftermarket screen.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 12:35:25 PM »
Hey you won't be sorry!  :beers: The comfort of these are pleasantly surprising! I'm well over 50 and rode mine to and from the dragon twice 800 miles with no stopping. No problem at all stock.. 43 to 50 mpg, 5400 miles out of the OEM tire and for that price on the 06! now the 07's are on the floor they should throw in a 3 yr ext warranty. Got any questions just ask! PS i got $3,000.00 trade for my 98 with 43k miles.