Author Topic: Replacing The Bandit1200 With A '06 Hayabusa  (Read 10870 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Replacing The Bandit1200 With A '06 Hayabusa
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2006, 12:43:13 PM »
My latest tinkering in the garage venture. 12/16/06 Ok this is the last time i'm choppin her! Can you see what i done  :?:  :wink:  

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Nice
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2006, 08:39:43 AM »
Daytona, That is sharp. Makes the 'Busa look even better!
Kent 2006 Suzuki Hayabusa

Offline theroamr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2006, 05:17:02 PM »
Very Nice Daytona :lol:
We don't need more sensitivity training, we need DE-sensitivity training. Too many people with skin so thin you can see their quivering, sensitive little bones just waiting to be offended.

Learn to take a punch!!!

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2006, 07:13:31 PM »
Well, I made the jump today also.  Purchased an '07 Hayabusa LE (black).  They're delivering it to my house this Saturday.  I'll post my impressions.
Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 08:22:35 PM »
Hey  :beers:  :bigok: Just turn the Old Bandit out to pasture "A" I had a hard time leaving her after the trade! :duh:  :crybaby: But soon got over it, about the first time i looked at the speedo and said Dayum!! 155 on the Bandit is a memorable occasion! On the Busa? Not Again! I got to watch this!!:cop: 44 to 50 MPG and we just got to remember to stop twisting that throttle thingy! Not that the B12 was any slouch, but the Busa is like a Bandit on steroids past 120. BTW with the 06,s sellin 4 about 9K or so, what made you get the 07 with the ZX killer comin out nxt yr?

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »
I feel kind of guilty about it and hope I'm making a good decision.  I had the Bandit for almost 2 years and put 12,000 miles on it (including a lot of upgrades).  Dealer didn't have any '06s, so I figured I'd get an '07 and eventually trade it in for an '09, leaving a model year for Suzuki to work out any bugs with the '08, assuming that there will be some since it's supposed to be a new design.  Plus, I expect there to be a price increase-along with increase in insurance premiums-compared to an '07.
Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »
Hey  :congrats: Its a zuki so what's not to like! The big thing i miss about not having the Bandit is the folk that is on this site! The best! and even with PeteSC and now Red01 and many more just not about much and now us jumpin ship!maybe we can revive it with the B1299? been all over the net and there are some raunchy sites with Busa at the start of it and some that are great like http://hayabusa.org/cgi-bin/busa/ikonboard.cgi and a few others but they could never fill the void of this site and all the down to earth folk here.

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
Busa
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 06:10:52 PM »
Bandit or 'Busa I not leaving Bandit Alley. I'm not picking up my black '06 'Busa till the end of March. I have it in a layaway plan, I'm trying to pay as much as I can down on it before I finance it.  If we have a spring rally I guess it wil be a Suzuki Rally! Daytona is the stock seat very comfortable? Have you bought a track stand for tire changes? I want to get one that will work on the front or back. :beers:

Offline chrisallen

• Board Regular!
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 10:29:31 PM »
If any of you now busa guys are looking for an exhaust, let me know.  email me chrisallen.nj@comcast.net

Offline chrisallen

• Board Regular!
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 10:31:28 PM »
BTW, congrats on the busa.   If I was going to get any other bike I think that would be it.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Busa
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 12:16:32 AM »
="banditnek"]Bandit or 'Busa I not leaving Bandit Alley. I'm not picking up my black '06 'Busa till the end of March. I have it in a layaway plan, I'm trying to pay as much as I can down on it before I finance it.  If we have a spring rally I guess it wil be a Suzuki Rally! Daytona is the stock seat very comfortable? Have you bought a track stand for tire changes? I want to get one that will work on the front or back. :beers:
Like i said some where here YOU will be very pleased with the comfort. Riding position and all. The only thing i had, Was bit of pain with was my L-wrist! got a bit sore when i first got it cause most of my riding was in town. To much fwd pressure i guess. Got over it quickly and this Big Bandit will shine on the longer faster hi way cruising! She will really shine @ 85 + + +. I made a stand out of rebar, my favorite stuff. I made my eng guard on my B12 in my pic below. But if i were you there are many too be had for about $85.00 that will do front and rear. But like the Bandit for less than a C note you can hang a center stand on her OEM and take it where ever you go. The best IMO.   :congrats:  :bigok:

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 12:24:32 AM »
And one more thing with the hinged tank! This babe is so easy to work on! T body sync with the po mans carb / Tb sync'r is about a 10 min job! Exhaust! You can hang about any bolt and a few slip ons with no fuel mapping. Runs best on reg gas like the Bandit but will get almost 50 mpg! and that's as fast as you can and get away with it! Pure zuki!!   :bigok:  :beers:  :congrats:  :motorsmile:  :motorsmile:

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 01:29:59 AM »
Rumor has it that the Busa is possibly going to a six cylinder...dunno, but I have to say the one in this link looks nice.  My bandit gets paid off in a month and I am concidering getting a busa, I am not going to part with my bandit though....I have grown attached...
2006 Hayabusa....AKA (Bandit on Steriods)

Offline kevinfromrex

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 07:16:12 AM »
love the busa motor, dont know how you guys can handle the riding position? I guess I am way too old.
Ill wait until Suzuki gives me a 150hp naked bike. May be the B King, but the King will need some cosmetic work before I can stand to see it out of the garage. But if naked bikes popularity keeps up like this I think we will have some nice choices over the next year or two. I am glad to see them on the comeback, new bandit, z1000, aprilia, ducati, MV, ktm soon, its awesome!
2001 Suzuki GSF600S

Offline banditnek

• Board Homesteader!
'Busa centerstand
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 07:54:06 AM »
The Suzuki website Says $219 for stock centerstand. Where can you get them for a $100?