Author Topic: Got my license today on my Bandit!  (Read 4374 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Got my license today on my Bandit!
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2005, 07:39:54 PM »
In WA, you can get a discounted MSF course thru the state, but the waiting list is long. If you take the MSF course, discounted or not, you have met all the requirements of the state and just take your certificate to the DMV and pay the fee for an endorsement. If you are under 18, you MUST take the MSF course to get an endorsement, over 18, you have the option of the MSF or the cone test at a DMV equipped to license motorcyclists.

I got my first m/c endorsement in CA back in '74 and they used the same cone test then that WA used (and still uses). It's not just a salolom, but also includes left & right circles, accel & braking tests.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ant_129

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2005, 08:19:57 PM »
In Texas you can get on cycle exemption by taking the MSF course. But if you don't, the riding test includes a trooper following behind you, evaluating you.  I think 1 honk for a left turn and 2 honks for a right or something like that.  I was told it was an extremly easy driving test to pass.  I just took the MSF course so I am not certain.
02 Bandit 1200S
Holeshot 21" slipon
Holeshot Stage 1 jet kit
Givi engine guards

Offline sportbikechic

• Board Regular!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 12:08:34 PM »
Here in Maine there is a private company that offers an MSF course.  It runs for an entire weekend, they give you little 250's to ride and you pretty much learn how do drive.  All of this is done in a parking lot.  It is very difficult to get in.  We have a short riding season and most girls want to take this course.  If you pass the written test and practical test you walk away with your license or endorsement (I). All the weekend.

I took the permit 1 day course and that was good for 2 years.  You have to wear a helmet (do anyway), no passengers and be in by dark. The road course is much like the driver's road course.  The examiner follows behind you: demonstrate a lane change, watch lane position, not to over turn, hill stop, braking and pretty much just driving in city traffic.  They honk 1 for left and 2 for right and 3 for hill stop.  They expect you to constantly turn your head, like every telephone pole.  That part is stupid, like we ride around doing that.

Alot of people fail here in Maine the first time.  They make it tough to pass, the tiniest mistake and you fail.

I passed the first time!!!!!! :banana:
Does this bike make my butt look FAST?

Offline amboman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2005, 01:28:49 PM »
Well done  :congrats:  :congrats:  :congrats:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:

Remember, it's better to ask for advice before you need it rather than later when the adivce won't help.
Taken over by the dark side. Now riding a CB 1300 but visit my old bandit regular.