Author Topic: Tyres enquiry.  (Read 4485 times)

Offline allan4169

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: Tyres enquiry.
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 09:18:58 PM »

I have a 2001 Bandit 1200 S and I have just replaced the rear at 10,000 miles and 11,000 miles on the front. They were Pirelli Diablo Stradas. I do a lot of riding on the Angeles Crest Highway in lovely Southern California for my brain clearing rides and freeway riding for work.
The first tyre that I had was a 2CT Michy that only got about 8,000 miles. I am very happy with the Stradas in respect to road noise, turning grip, mileage, and with prices. I do too much freeway riding to consider a softer tyre. 

Offline speedwaymaniac

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Tyres enquiry.
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2008, 03:09:47 PM »
a post that i made in another thread the other day qualifies for this one too.

I had some old Avon Azaro's (not 100% on the exact model) on my B4 and i personally thought they were great. In the dry there was plenty of grip, feedback was pretty nice. They did take a while to warm up in the wet (but then most tires do so..)

Wet weather in general was average not wonderful by any means and give it too much brake you were next to guaranteed to slide a little but all in all i thought they were a great set.

Personally on my 600 the only one's i can truly say anything about are Bridgestones BT020's they made my bike feel much more responsive, they stick well on the road, seem to be lasting well and on top of all that there good in the wet and cold (plenty of that in the UK). Only downside to these are there expensive but as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for!"
JJ
'04 GSF 600 Bandit K4
'00 GSF 600 Bandit Y - Used for parts
'95 GSF 400 Bandit - smashed :'(