Author Topic: Sooo evil.... :-)  (Read 5429 times)

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
Sooo evil.... :-)
« on: April 28, 2008, 05:19:45 PM »
This happened to me yesterday.

Was out for a putt about just to relax. I was feeling particularly non aggressive and picked a route that was about a 75 mile loop of local state roads with minimal traffic and low speed limits since my intent was to enjoy a little breeze, peace and quiet, and just smell the flowers kind of thing. LOL
About 3/4ths of the way through the route, there is a mostly straight section of road for eight miles or so with a few curves and up/down hills. The speed limit is 55 mph and I'm cruising along between 55 and 60 mph. I have the road to myself, or so I thought. LOL Checking my mirrors, I see a pickup truck about a mile back and gaining on me. A minute or two later, he is 20 feet behind me. There are unlimited opportunities for him to pass me as the road is straight and there is no oncoming traffic. A couple miles later, Mr. mister truck is still glued 10-20 feet off my rear. Finally, I say screw this and wick it up to 70 or so. Half a minute later, El truck is right back on my butt at ten feet away. OK, now I'm getting annoyed and bump down two gears, give the throttle a good twist and watch the speedo zip right on by 120. Mr truck is fading into the distance. LOL I put about a mile between us and ease it back down to 70 mph since the speed limit is still 55 mph. Well, a minute later, I note that Mr bigwheels is closing and will soon be reattaching himself to my ass. I figure he has to be running at least 90 to be catching me at his closing rate. OK says I, you wanna play do you?
I travel this road often and I know it well. In about 2 or 3 miles, at the end of this straight section, there is a small bar and grill that a few bikers and the locals frequent. I bump my speed back up to go to jail territory to reclaim the mile of distance between me and Mr truck and hold that speed until just before reaching the first turn at the end of the straight section. The bar and grill is at the end of this turn. Well now, in the middle of that turn, there is an overgrown, heavily wooded, set back gate which leads to a pasture. This setback is a favorite place for the local gendarmes to radar traffic because it is not visible until one is passing in front of it from one direction. I get to the beginning of the curve and jump on the brakes because I know two things the trucker may not. The speed limit drops to 45 mph in the middle of the turn and there will probably be a deputy backed into the cattle gate with a radar gun. heheh

Fortune smiled for me. I came through the turn at about 35 mph and sure enough, constable happy face is on the job. heheheh Continuing on, I pull off the road into the parking lot for the bar and grill and shut the bike off. By the time I have removed my gloves and am taking off my helmet, here comes Mr truck, hotfooting it around the curve, still chasing the biker.
Zooooom, right past Mr happy face at about 85 mph. LMAO Officer happyface is not happy anymore and the party light is on. I dont know that I've ever seen a squad car leave a 50 ft rooster tail of grass before.

Maybe this will be one guy that will quit messing with the bikes. LOL I'm only sorry I didnt have time to get him a nice card to go with the occasion.

Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Sooo evil.... :-)
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2008, 08:12:41 PM »
That is just priceless

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 08:54:38 PM »
Sweet.   :grin:

Offline vwkaferman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 11:38:33 PM »
Awesome. It amazes me that people just don't give a crap about motorcyclist. I mean, if a person in a car INTENTIONALLY swerves at me, I think that should be considered attempted murder, rather than road rage. Further, I should be able to respond accordingly. If an attempt is made on my life, I should be able to protect myself.

James
'74 Beetle. 0-60, probably.
'05 Bandit 1200

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 12:01:07 AM »
Awesome. It amazes me that people just don't give a crap about motorcyclist. I mean, if a person in a car INTENTIONALLY swerves at me, I think that should be considered attempted murder, rather than road rage. Further, I should be able to respond accordingly. If an attempt is made on my life, I should be able to protect myself.

James

I learned a long time ago to never bring a bike to a car fight.  You will lose.

Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 12:04:56 AM »
Quote from: PaulVS

Sweet.   :grin:

I thought you all might find it amusing.  :-)

Blue
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 12:51:25 AM by txbanditrydr »
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 12:52:11 AM »
^
^
^
^
^
Fixed the quote tags for ya......   :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

ippo

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2008, 10:15:09 AM »
Now I hope that I do not win route 66 trip in lottery.

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2008, 12:53:47 PM »
^
^
^
^
^
Fixed the quote tags for ya......   :motorsmile:

I use the quote tag, but I dont know why I dont get the little blue box.  Maybe my computer is out of blue boxes.  I guess I'll have to go to Office Depot and get a package of them.  LOL

So, where is the blue box key?  heh
Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2008, 12:55:16 PM »
Now, I just posted a comment about no blue box and I get one,  Go figure,  sheesh

Blue
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 01:02:09 PM »
You were missing one of these.......  ]

It happens a lot when deleting partial posts - the highlighted area doesn't always stop where it should.  No problem... :grin:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline Have Blue

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 08:53:27 PM »
You were missing one of these.......  ]

It happens a lot when deleting partial posts - the highlighted area doesn't always stop where it should.  No problem... :grin:

When I get to Office Depot, I'll be sure and grab a package of  ]  also.  LOL  Thanks

Blue 
03 B12 S
79 XS400

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 11:17:02 PM »
I saw a special earlier... you can get several of  ]'s  PLUS some of ['s and they'll give you a pack of /'s for no extra charge.... might come in handy... YMMV   :rofl:
'01 B600S ... sold

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2008, 11:40:29 PM »
Great story, Blue. The only problem I forsee is that Mr. No-Neck in the pickup won't learn a thing from this whole episode. He'll just hate cops worse and riders, too.
On the upside, though, maybe that ticket will give him enough points so that the authorities will be able to pull his licence. A really great outcome would be that the Mr. No-Neck is ALREADY suspended and that this ticket will put him in the slammer for awhile. Here's hoping.... :grin:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Pillage

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »
I learned a long time ago to never bring a bike to a car fight.  You will lose.

Blue
Almost always true, but it sounds like the bike won the other day...
with a little help from the Man that's usually looking for us.   :grin:
FZ1000S,  GSF1200SV,  CB750F
Support the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer