Author Topic: Bandit for a Busa  (Read 5724 times)

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit for a Busa
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 10:08:16 PM »
Quote from: Kickstart
This 'busa would be nice.

Managed 240.3mph.

Seriously I quite fancy one. Or maybe a ZX12R.

All the best

Keith

I personally don't care for turbo's on a motorcycle.  They are great for going fast in a straight line, but that is about it.  However, I would like to try one in a straight line to see how it feels. :motorsmile:
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline Seanybiker

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.madblaa.com
Bandit for a Busa
« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2006, 11:56:36 AM »
the arse of the busa is manky looking. other than that go for it. as your a fair weather biker it is a lot to be spening really just for the odd little gallop.

Offline curiousmike

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit for a Busa
« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2006, 12:16:18 PM »
Go for the Busa, you won't regret it.

I put 31,000 miles on mine and loves every stinking minute of it.

It's more comfortable than a lot of peeps are saying, it has fantastic "normal riding" behaviour, and you will never tire of the motor.

www.suzukihayabusa.org is a popular place to get in the scene... a bit too much drag racing discussion for my tastes, but Sunday morning scratchers and track day junkies exist as well.

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit for a Busa
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2006, 12:39:54 PM »
The Busa is...   different looking - personally if I wanted total overkill I would go for the Kaw 14.  However, owners that use them for high mile sport touring can't say enough good things.  Different Strokes!

By the way Desolation, your avatar looks different?????
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness

Offline Kickstart

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit for a Busa
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »
Quote from: solman
I personally don't care for turbo's on a motorcycle.  They are great for going fast in a straight line, but that is about it.  However, I would like to try one in a straight line to see how it feels. :motorsmile:

To a large extent I think it depends on the amount of boost provided. That one would certainly be too much for use on twisty roads, but those running moderate amounts of boost seem to get a fair performance increase without any lag issues.

All the best

Keith