Author Topic: Taller Screen  (Read 2485 times)

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Screen
« on: August 08, 2006, 02:50:49 PM »
I'm looking for a taller screen than my Z.G. Sport Touring screen for the 2005 B12.  I searched around and found someones post of a G-force screen.  That's a possability.  Anyone else have experience with, or know of another taller screen?
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline lucas

• Board Homesteader!
windscreen
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »
Check out these guys. They may have something.

http://www.laminarlip.com/

Offline WEINERDOGBONE

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Screen
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 07:29:25 PM »
I always wondered about that Laminar Lip. I haven't wanted to try it because it is pricey. It would be great if it worked.

Offline banditII

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Screen
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:51:24 PM »
I hear laminar lips are great, but they are made for stock windscreens and I don't think my original screen with a lip on it will do any better than my current aftermarket screen.  I'm not very interested in Wing Tips just because the way they look, and very pricey.  Laminar Lips do smooth out air flow and ad wind protection to a stock screen.  Actually my Zero Gravity S.T. screen is fine for a day or two of solid riding, but the third hard day of riding finally gets me.  Get that neck strain ache and all.  The more I ride the more I realize that if I'm going a good distance I just can't have 80+ mph wind hitting my helmet all day, even if it's only on the top half of the helmet.  I'm getting picky.  But it's either fix the air flow problem or cave and go back to a BMW RT eventually.
Riding motorcycles..........and loving it! :-)

Warren

Offline lucas

• Board Homesteader!
Windshield
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 03:36:23 AM »
I never ride more than maybe 100 to 150 miles in one day on my Bandit. But I find that laying my chest on my tank bag and peering over the stock screen is pretty comfortable at freeway speeds. The windblast is only on the top part of my helmet and I don't feel any turbulence around my body. I was going to get a taller windscreen until I discovered this way of riding. I also love the way it makes me feel like the bike and I are one entity and not separate. But now I'm getting philosophical.

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Taller Screen
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 11:16:28 AM »
My take on Gen 1 wind screens:

I have a Secdem screen that is near factory quality and a few inches taller than the ZG.  It costs about $120, they are imported from France.

Here's my take:  stock screen is sporty & does a good all round job, clear finish doesnt look cool.

ZG Sprt touring: gives slightly more wind protection, does increase steering effort at speed, dark finish looks cool, cheaper quality.

Secdem: Better wind protection (not great), looks best, good quality, buffets pretty bad at 125 mph + indicated.

Keep several screens around for your type of riding.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline lucas

• Board Homesteader!
Taller Screen
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »
Quote from: LowRyter
My take on Gen 1 wind screens:

buffets pretty bad at 125 mph + indicated

:shock: Jesus, where are you able to go 125? That's jail around here in Southern Calif.