Author Topic: The Old King Moves On and the New King Arrives.....  (Read 1735 times)

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
The Old King Moves On and the New King Arrives.....
« on: May 19, 2006, 11:58:02 AM »
Yes, the big day is finally approaching !!! Whoo-Hoo !!!  :grin: :toocool:
I deliver the GS750E to his new owner tonight and pick up my new 1200 Bandit tomorrow. Who'da thunk it would be 36 years almost to the day between new street bikes !!! My last new street bike was a 1970 Brand H CB750 bought in April of 1970. Of course I've had numerous new dirt bikes and used street bikes since then.....but it'll be a treat to have a new street bike again. The dealer gave me such a good price that part of the deal was for me to assemble and PDI the bike. The last time I assembled and PDI'd ANY bike was 1975 !!! My.....time do fly, don't it ??? :lol: :lol:
Well, off to the bank for a draft to pay the dealer the remaining balance.
Must remember to pump up the tires on the truck for tomorrow's pickup of the crated bike......then off to my good buddy's garage for the assembly process. It's a holiday weekend in the Great White North and it's supposed to rain some tomorrow....but Sunday and Monday are supposed to be clear and warm again. Good chance to get some break-in miles on my new ride..... :grin: :toocool: :banana:
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Re: The Old King Moves On and the New King Arrives.....
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »
Quote from: H2RICK
Must remember to pump up the tires on the truck for tomorrow's pickup of the crated bike......then off to my good buddy's garage for the assembly process.

Congrats!  We'll expect pix of the new arrival.  And make sure you get some final pix of the one you're putting to bed.

Hey, what's with crating up one bike and assembling the other.  Are you saving on the "dealer prep" by not having them uncrate and assemble and add the fluids, or is that just a difference between the way they sell 'em, there and here?
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Desolation Angel

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2006, 12:46:21 PM »
Cool!  I'd like to see some pics from sealed crate to finished bike!

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:25:03 AM »
Welcome to Banditland!  I did a little better, I went from 1982 (xs650) to 2003 (FZ1) between New Bikes - I agree with DesolationAngel - document the process from crate to highway!
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness