Author Topic: OK, I'm convinced.....  (Read 2307 times)

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
OK, I'm convinced.....
« on: August 23, 2006, 12:04:10 AM »
Since I took #17 on my annual trip with the guys to the interior of British Columbia, I'm convinced that:
aa) a big block Bandit gives you sooooo much more......more power to get into trouble, more handling/braking to get you OUT of trouble, and a lot more fun over all. The cost/benefit ratio is VERY favourable. :grin:  :grin:
bb) the roads that the BC taxpayer pays for are a LOT more fun to ride than those of any other place I've ever ridden/driven. I haven't ridden the Dragon yet (and may never get the chance) but until then good ol' BC roads will do me just fine, especially Hwy #3A north from Creston to the ferry and then on to Kaslo and Hwy #6 from Vernon across to Nakusp (the Monashee Pass road) which I rode mostly in 4th and only touched.the brakes 3 times in all that distance.....a total laugh-riot.
This was our 6th Annual trip and 14 guys started out on Friday, Aug 11th, in pouring rain....but things had to get better from there....right ?? Well, it took all of Friday and most of Saturday for the weather to really smarten up and it was absolutely perfect for the next 4 days. I tried to post some pics on Photobucket but for some reason it didn't like my jpg file format. As soon as I get that sorted out I'll post the link so you can all enjoy some pics of bikes and scenery. Now, if I can rig up a camera mount behind the screen with some kind of remote trigger for NEXT year...... :lol:  :lol:
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i234/H2RICK/BC%20Trip/
Looks like it works okay.....Enjoy.....
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
OK, I'm convinced.....
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 01:07:02 AM »
Sounds like a great ride.

>>Now, if I can rig up a camera mount behind the screen...<<

http://www.supacam.com/

No moving parts...

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
OK, I'm convinced.....
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 10:41:18 AM »
Concider yourself blessed. Our roads down here are straight and flat. The biggest thrill I get is the interstate on and off ramps...WOO HOO!. One of these days I will actually ride the Bandit somewhere fun. Don't get me wrong..I love riding it...but the adrenaline jolt I get is when the cagers are out to kill me.
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e