Author Topic: New owner in WV/OH  (Read 2849 times)

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« on: August 20, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »
Hey all,
First let me extend a big  :thanks: to everybody here, Ive been lurking around for several weeks while researching what my next bike would be.  My  last bike was a 79 GS750.  Im a regular over at the GS resources, some of you may recognize the name from there.  Im also a college senior and apartment resident, so I needed something more reliable than a 30 year old semiproject.  

Yesterday I picked up my new steed, a 99 B12, with only 4500 miles.  I havent ridden it except for a testride because I havent taken care of the legalites (registration, inspection, etc) yet.  So far Im happier than a pig in...well...you know.  I do have a few mod plans, including some case guards/frame sliders (just in case), and maybe a set of quick-release hard bags when I can afford it.  I think Im in love. I plan on having this thing for a long time to come.

BTW, Im from southern WV originally, but I live in South Point, OH while Im finishing up school.
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating organ in the body.  Then I thought, 'well sure, look who's telling me that.'

99 bandit 1200s

Offline Swamp Rat

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 03:41:41 PM »
Good to have ya. I hope you'll enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine. :congrats:
Brian
20003 1200s
2001 Drz 400e

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:36:49 PM »
Welcome to the board...small world.  Marshall?  Spent some time that way myself a few years back.
Paul D.
04 GSF1200S (Charcoal Grey)
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline mothman

• TURBO TYPER!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 04:49:56 PM »
I lived in Charelston for years and went to Marshall. I drummer I played with lived in South Point. Yes you are going to love that Bandit. I also have 79 Bike. Honda CB 750 F. Pretty much the reason I got the Bandit. Natural evolution it seems. Cheers
Where am I?

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 06:25:49 PM »
Yep, I go to Marshall.  With any luck Ill be able to free myself from the clutches of the Biology dept within the next year.  :roll:

Definitely true about the evolution.  The bandit really is the UJM of the 90s, proven (aka old) technology with new components.  The bandits are a real parts bin special, but it makes for a pretty awesome combination.

There are some decent (well, mediocre) twisties in the area, as soon as I get the registration transferred I cant wait to see how it feels when its not going in a straight line.

Heaven Bound--Where are you in WV??
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating organ in the body.  Then I thought, 'well sure, look who's telling me that.'

99 bandit 1200s

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 07:20:27 PM »
Quote from: GSFStiny
Heaven Bound--Where are you in WV??

The great metropolis of Teays Valley.  I work in the opposite direction, but cruise through Huntington on occassion.
Paul D.
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 07:24:09 PM »
Quote from: mothman
I lived in Charelston for years and went to Marshall. I drummer I played with lived in South Point. Yes you are going to love that Bandit. I also have 79 Bike. Honda CB 750 F. Pretty much the reason I got the Bandit. Natural evolution it seems. Cheers

I know where you got the avatar idea...WV is full of interesting stuff.
Paul D.
...TRASHED

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 11:00:24 AM »
Quote from: Heaven Bound

The great metropolis of Teays Valley.  I work in the opposite direction, but cruise through Huntington on occassion.

Cool, I was in Teays every thursday all summer for my summer class.  I hadnt seen many bandits around, one in milton/culloden, and one in Huntington (besides me).  Nice to know Im not alone out there  :wink:

99 bandit 1200s

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 10:57:41 AM »
I just made my 4th trip from Texas to Mid-Ohio for races.  After running over to the east coast for three days I rode down to WV to visit a friend in Beckley and another from Huntington who happened to be spending a three day weekend in Pocohontas County.  There are some incredible roads there, I ran up 219 from 64.  You have to watch for gravel but the twisties make the Dragon look tame.  The scenery was incredible.  Enjoy your Bandit!
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 08:35:10 PM »
If you rode in Poca county, I hope you got to do droop mountain, the last real mountain in the southern part of the county before you get into greenbrier..  It was a blast on my old GS, especially southbound.  Havent made it that way on hthe bandit yet, but Im sure it will be a much quicker experience next time around..... :banana:

99 bandit 1200s

Offline texasbandit

• Board Homesteader!
New owner in WV/OH
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2006, 07:51:53 PM »
Yes indeed, I went a little past Droop mountain into Seebert and stayed at a cabin on the Greenbriar.  Went all around the county up to the RadioTelescope facility, the antique train etc.  Played tourist.  Beautiful country.
1997 GSF1200S  (The tinkerbike)
2003 FZ1 Bumblebee (Almost stock)

Censorship causes Blindness