Author Topic: Undertail  (Read 2581 times)

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
Undertail
« on: April 28, 2008, 11:42:45 PM »
Hey has anyone made their own undertail for a Bandit? I'd like to throw on a hugger but don't have the coin for an after market tail and hugger. Any suggestions? I want it to look really clean when I am done. I have heard that Home Depot sells pre curved sheet metal that may work?

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Undertail
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 01:10:15 PM »
I haven't noticed that before, but then I haven't looked there for something like that either.

OTOH, you might be able to create something like this from off-the-shelf materials with some pretty basic tools:

Don't know if they carry stainless steel that bright though.  The above undertray was made by an outfit in Germany for the Bandit.  One thing I can say is it's a royal PIA to keep it clean and shiny... I'm sure the same can be said for any of the painted plastic ones, too.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Undertail
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:20:14 PM »
I don't think you'll be able to get pre-curved stainless, but you could certainly use a piece of ductwork. They sell a kind of (probably galvanized) steel round ductwork that you have to snap together. It's got a nice curve to it. A little work with the snips and some nice pan head screws with black rubber washers would certainly be pretty cool. You'd probably want to paint it though.