Author Topic: We had to lay our daughter (dog) to rest tonight  (Read 5181 times)

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.billsbikesnservice.com
We had to lay our daughter (dog) to rest tonight
« on: December 16, 2008, 09:42:06 PM »
Wanted to share with my other families that we had to lay our daughter to rest tonight do to complications. She was with us for a little over 10 years and was a very loving little girl. She was loved very much and will be missed very much. But she is out of pain and living with God now.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: We had to lay our daughter (dog) to rest tonight
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 10:13:01 PM »
 :sad: Sorry to hear that Blade.  :sad:

Being a dog lover myself, I know how hard it can be to loose one of "Man's best friends".
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 11:12:28 PM »
Thank you, yes it sure does hurt. Especially when she carries a big spot in your heart....

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2008, 11:33:56 PM »
So sorry to hear about this, I know it must have been a hard decision.  She looks so sweet.  Carry your memories of her with you and she will always be with you.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline chef

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 01:47:07 AM »
Even though we tell ourselves its for the best...its always a tough decision.
10 years is a long time.
I have never been able to replace my passed dogs but always love another just as much.
Truly mans best friend.
Take care.

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 12:22:05 PM »
So very sorry Bill.

I had to do it not to long ago to our 10 year old dog who had complications. It was really one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was the best thing for him but that does not make it any easier. He was more then just a dog. He was my best friend and a family member.

Bear....

May they both rest in peace.
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
Sorry to hear that but you know MIKE Scoot sent me the best and most helpful post when i had lost my best friend to the express way...Still a sad thought even though i have a new addition to the family...I would be lost with out the one no matter what mood I'm in, is always happy to see me...!!!!! :bigok:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2008, 03:41:24 PM »
Condolences, Bill....  So tough to lose any member of the "family".  Great looking hound... I'm dreading the day mine passes.
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 04:39:23 AM »
Mate I feel for ya, honest. Would rather have teeth pulled. But looking at it in a more postive light she gave you her best years of her life. :thumb:
I lost 3 mutts in the space of 2 years (all 3 I had to send off with the green dream), 2 went within a month. They had been with me for 15 years.

Down to the local pound with the family in toe my friend.
There is another mutt, that will kill for a good biker friend and place to call home.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline bngboyd

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 11:54:40 AM »
Down to the local pound with the family in toe my friend.
There is another mutt, that will kill for a good biker friend and place to call home.

+1
Can never replace an old friend but can start a new friendship.
Bob
Redding, Ca.

2007 Bandit 1250S Non-ABS Black
2005 Bandit 1200S Yosh RS-3 Slipon (Wrecked!)

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 08:27:20 AM »
  Sorry to hear that Bill. After having to put the last 3 dogs down do to old age (oldest was a beagle @17yrs) I havn't wanted another.
  But its better that letting them suffer. Our German sheperd and lab made good companions for 12 and 11 years.

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 10:46:26 PM »
Thank you all for your warm thoughts and caring.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2008, 03:49:35 PM »
My condolences!  We had to put our black lab daughter down a few years ago.  She was 17.  It was very hard for us.  I've never lost a child, but this hurt about as bad as I imagine that would.  (And I've lost other pets before, but never one that had been around like that.) 

I was sure I wouldn't get a 'replacement' because I didn't think another dog could ever take her place and I didn't want to go through that again.  Earlier this year, my wife drug me down to the pound.  She was wanting another little ankle biter to keep her Yorkie company, but we ended up coming home with what the pound called a "6 month old lab mix."  (I didn't want another ankle biter around ;) )  His head does have a lab look to it, but that's it.  Everything else looks like a whippet - and he runs like one, too - so when folks ask what kind of dog he is, we tell them he's a whipador. That usually gets a  :headscratch: for a response.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2008, 11:34:39 PM »
So very sorry Bill.

I had to do it not to long ago to our 10 year old dog who had complications. It was really one of the hardest things I have ever done. It was the best thing for him but that does not make it any easier. He was more then just a dog. He was my best friend and a family member.

Bear....

May they both rest in peace.

He is a very handsome dog, may he rest in peace too.

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2008, 11:37:56 PM »
My condolences!  We had to put our black lab daughter down a few years ago.  She was 17.  It was very hard for us.  I've never lost a child, but this hurt about as bad as I imagine that would.  (And I've lost other pets before, but never one that had been around like that.) 

I was sure I wouldn't get a 'replacement' because I didn't think another dog could ever take her place and I didn't want to go through that again.  Earlier this year, my wife drug me down to the pound.  She was wanting another little ankle biter to keep her Yorkie company, but we ended up coming home with what the pound called a "6 month old lab mix."  (I didn't want another ankle biter around ;) )  His head does have a lab look to it, but that's it.  Everything else looks like a whippet - and he runs like one, too - so when folks ask what kind of dog he is, we tell them he's a whipador. That usually gets a  :headscratch: for a response.

Thank you for the caring thoughts. Our little girl was a Dachshund-Lab mix. She was a built more like the Dachshund, but look like a lab.