Author Topic: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!  (Read 248576 times)

Offline goingballistic

• New user!
Re: Welcome... INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE!!!
« Reply #855 on: August 29, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »
Howdy, new to the board, short intro is in order.

I've ridden for 30+ years.........Yea I'm old! I bought a 2009 Columbia Metallic Blue Goldwing, my dream bike, brand new, level three in 09. I recently purchased ( 4 weeks ago) a 2011 1250FA, new off the show room floor...........for something a little more nimble and easier to throw around...........don't get me wrong, I love my wing.

I just spent 3 weeks on the road and 6100 miles, from NY to OR, Sturgis in between. Went to Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, Craters of the Moon, Hell's Canyon, Rattle Snake Gulch, Spokane and Glacier National Park, then home. Great ride, now it's time to get some miles on the Bandit before the white stuff flies.

I am a certified MSF instructor and I am retired. I am an AF Vet, my Father was a career AF man and my son is active duty AF.

I'm old enough to know better but young enough to do it again!

I look forward, seriously, to meeting some of you and riding........and learning a lot about the Bandit......some of you don't call the FA a Bandit..........but it's a Bandit!

Cheers.
Science will fly you to the moon..............Religion will fly you into buildings.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #856 on: August 29, 2013, 01:05:33 PM »
 :welcome: to the site.....

Glad you found us.  Lots of good info and people here.   :thumb:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #857 on: August 29, 2013, 01:26:16 PM »
Welcome goingballistic! 

I'm glad to see you managed to get the photos working.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Dakotademon7

• Board Regular!
« Reply #858 on: August 29, 2013, 06:54:41 PM »
New here myself. I'm from Delaware and have a 99 Bandit S1200 that was given to me along with a 99 Katana 750. The Bandit has a rod threw the block and the Katana has been wrecked. I've been working on removing and installing the 750 into the Bandit. This will be my first legal street bike and my first bike in 20 years.

Offline bigMaybe

• New user!
« Reply #859 on: October 03, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »
Hello everyone!

Name's Nate, I'm a senior at UC Santa Cruz and I've been riding on and off for almost 10 years now. I just picked up a fun little project '97 gsf600s a couple days ago and registered here because I figured I would need your help troubleshooting the sputtery nightmare that was my bike. However, thanks to YouTube I became an overnight expert on carburetors, cleaned em out and tuned em myself (first attempt at carbs in my ten years). I'm proud to say she now runs beautifully!

Anyways, I plan on doin some cosmetic work and maybe an engine swap at some point so I'll be around. 'Look forward to chattin with you guys and if there's anyone in the area wants to go cruise the Santa Cruz mountains give me a holler!  :motorsmile:

Offline Ericchino3

• TURBO TYPER!
Intro: Aloha!
« Reply #860 on: March 17, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »
Just bought a Bandit 1200 2002 & loving it except for ugly discolored headers.  Need help finding what actual temp is on the headers to find out about wraps, Powder coating & painting them.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Chino

Offline Ericchino3

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #861 on: October 22, 2015, 10:16:43 PM »
Aloha!
My names Chino.  Just bought my 1st 2002 bandit 1200gs, loving it but find myself replacing many original parts as expected on a 13 yr old bike.  I'm in sunny S.W.FL. & lucky to have ez beach access & many back roads to ride.  Fun but flat, lol!  I'm also an Optician too, so if anyone out there needs an eye exam or matching shades to match there bike holler. 

Just traded in my 2000 1200 BMW twin boxer bike for the Bandit which handles better.  Just not as durable.   Thanks for the feedback on my previous post.

Ride safe, have fun & stop to smell the roses!

Offline 92gsf400

• New user!
« Reply #862 on: February 10, 2016, 04:36:18 AM »
94 gsf 400 here just wanted to say ' hi' have a 1992 gsf 400 us model bought last year. for 1200 usd currently have another 3000 usd in it.. yosh cyclone exhast w/ lsr cannister (ss tip), rejetted, k&n drop in , 'longboy' f/a screws, goodridge ss brake lines , sbs ss front pad, ebs semi sinstered rear, race teck 0.85 kg springs , race teck cartrage emulators, new front wheel bearings , new stearing head bearings, new superbike bars , new bar ends, new yss rear shock
 .. 12k miles on the clock few cosmetic issues, dyno tuned ~52hp .. 10k-13k rpms , soon to have new rear wheel bearings, tires, sprockets, chain & hoses , might be interested in selling leave message
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:38:37 AM by 92gsf400 »

Offline greg737

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #863 on: February 10, 2016, 10:06:21 AM »
Interesting... pictures? location? history (how does a 24 year old gsf400 end up with only 12K miles)?

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Well, I can't really say I'm new... but
« Reply #864 on: February 19, 2016, 01:58:10 PM »
How's everyone been?

I'm sorry I disappeared.  I didn't mean to.  Life got in the way and then some.
I'll start another thread to explain that.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline Cincykz

• Board Regular!
« Reply #865 on: March 06, 2020, 08:36:50 AM »
I see this thread is pretty old, but...

Picked up a blue 2002 Bandit 1200s at the very end of last riding season, 21k miles. Overall pretty nice, just needed a few things. Tires (I tried Shinko Ravens because it came with a new one unmounted), and a too loud Yosh TRS slip-on. It turned out that it was gutted and put together with open center rivets, thus the poor/loud sound. Rebuilt with the kit from Yosh and also added the quiet core, sounds way better.

I also checked the valves, only 1 exhaust not right in the middle. Removed the PAIR stuff because it's such a nightmare to work around. Also put some weatherstripping between the fairing panels and screen to try and reduce vibes.

Haven't opened the carbs, guess I probably should, as the muffler didn't give me too much confidence regarding modifications made in the past. Bike has a new OEM air filter and snorkel. Also thinking about a carb sync, I've been pondering buying the four vacuum gauge. If anyone has a cheap one they're happy with, I would take recommendations.

I'm in the Central NY area, patiently awaiting spring. Also have a DR650, a naked gs500 that's set up pretty sporty for track/gymkhana type riding, and a '79 kz650.  Past bikes have been a TW200, klx250, zx12r, vstrom650, another Dr, intruder 1400, and a Vulcan 2000, and probably a few others.

I'm a sport bike guy at heart, but try and stay on more reasonable bikes at this point...

Anyway, thanks for the add!
2002 B1200s

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #866 on: March 12, 2020, 12:48:31 AM »
Hey Cincykz!
Welcome!

I don't know anyone who's ever been disappointed that they did a carb sync - especially on a new to them bike.
You could use the $1.55 carb sync tool, and double it.
http://www.powerchutes.com/manometer.asp
It doesn't get much cheaper than that! 
Some people I know have used oil instead of water.
Other than that, I'm not much help as all of our current bikes are fuelies or single carbs.
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline doublenaughtspy

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #867 on: March 16, 2020, 02:09:06 AM »
I used a "Motion Pro" 4 tube sync tool for years. Ditched it when I realized the reason it was always short on mercury was because the stuff was evaporating into the air in my basement....might actually explain other things now that I think about it. LOL Yes! Get the carbs sync'd. You be glad you did. The early B12s were lean from the factory (EPA stuff) and would turn the head pipe gold in just a couple thousand miles. If you can find a kit with adjustable jets/needles, get it tuned, too.

Offline Cincykz

• Board Regular!
« Reply #868 on: March 29, 2020, 04:21:19 PM »
Thanks for the welcome and the replies.  Stormi, I typed up a response weeks ago and apparently didn't post it. I will get my carbs synced up, and have been considering a holeshot stage 1 kit. I have a Yosh rs3 can with full packing and quiet core, a stock filter and snorkel, and no idea what's in the cards. I'm assuming it's all OEM, as my muffler shouldn't deviate too far from the factory muffler, andy plugs don't look too bad.

Stormi, how do you like the RC390? I've been pondering one for years, that or maybe a Buell firebolt.
2002 B1200s