Author Topic: what a beautiful day...  (Read 1740 times)

Offline 03banditrdr

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
what a beautiful day...
« on: June 02, 2007, 07:49:30 PM »
here in Kansas for riding, me and couple buddies put close to 300 in today, I now have 570 on the 07 B12.5, I waited untill about 400 miles of break in before I couldnt take it anymore and gave her the gas, still didnt run her out but more than the 4500 Id been watching. BTW my bike weighs 880# with me on it and a pretty full tank. Also the mileage was about 38mpg crising in the 75-90mph range and a couple runs to about 125mph.

Here a couple pics of the kids after a washing!!

Offline leedogg

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.fquick.com/Leedogg
what a beautiful day...
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »
I don't wanna hear it!!!LOL  I am offshore at work...got about 10 more days til I see my bike again...

Bikes are looking good!

BTW- I have been knocking down about 43mpg- but I keep it to under 80 most of the time.
1996 Trans Am- Stock as a rock - NOT.  408rwhp/397rwtq.
2004 GMC Yukon XL - The family/Trans Am hauler
1992 Silverado - Future tow vehicle.
2007 Bandit 1250S - first ever bike- I love it!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
what a beautiful day...
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2007, 09:29:48 PM »
They sure do look good together, don't they? I just love the colors... one is silver with a black engine, the other is black with a silver engine. Very cool!  :bigok:

So coming from a B12, what are your impressions comparison-wise? Things like power characteristics, handling, ergonomics... you know, the important stuff.  :wink:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
what a beautiful day...
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 09:49:57 PM »
I noticed that the B12.5 bars are a tad higher.  Do you notice much of a difference riding?
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline 03banditrdr

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
what a beautiful day...
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2007, 11:08:56 PM »
Quote from: "ZenMan"
They sure do look good together, don't they? I just love the colors... one is silver with a black engine, the other is black with a silver engine. Very cool!  :bigok:

So coming from a B12, what are your impressions comparison-wise? Things like power characteristics, handling, ergonomics... you know, the important stuff.  :wink:
Well after today I would say the B12's stock seat is more comfortable, and the B12's windscreen is better for me. as far as riding position they are too close to call. engine performance goes to the B12.5 all the way and i love having a 6th gear. as far as handling goes, its difficult to make a good judgment because we dont have alot of curves here, so Im calling that a tie for the moment, brakes are better on the B12.5. thats about it for now on comparisons. I will be traveling for the next month so I wont ride it again till the 1st of July. :sad: