Author Topic: What do you plan on doing with your tax rebate?  (Read 6851 times)

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
Re: What do you plan on doing with your tax rebate?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 11:12:27 PM »
...I'm getting some money from Uncle Sam this year. It all has to do with having a daughter who is an American national.

Does your poor little half-breed (read that with tongue in cheek) file an US tax return?  Because it's US taxpayers who are getting the payment. 
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

ippo

« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 02:55:08 AM »
We get tax rebate every December in Finland   :bandit: or we must pay more tax. :taz:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 08:50:14 AM »
We get tax rebate every December in Finland or we must pay more tax.

That would be a hard choice to make.  Not.

ippo

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 09:54:45 AM »

The choice is really yours because you can define tax rate.If tax rate is too small you pay more tax and if it is
too big you get tax rebate.Tax rate is between 0%-60%.
example:You obtain $ 50.000/year tax rate is about 27%.(below $7000  0%    more than $ 400.000 max 60%)
Public health service and education are almost gratuitous therefore taxs are large.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 10:04:10 AM by ippo »

Offline Barbarian

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.straightdope.com
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 08:00:21 PM »
...I'm getting some money from Uncle Sam this year. It all has to do with having a daughter who is an American national.

Does your poor little half-breed (read that with tongue in cheek) file an US tax return?  Because it's US taxpayers who are getting the payment. 
She doesn't, but I can if I want...
2006 650 Bandit S w/ABS

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2008, 01:31:42 PM »

The choice is really yours because you can define tax rate.If tax rate is too small you pay more tax and if it is
too big you get tax rebate.Tax rate is between 0%-60%.
example:You obtain $ 50.000/year tax rate is about 27%.(below $7000  0%    more than $ 400.000 max 60%)
Public health service and education are almost gratuitous therefore taxs are large.

The tax system in the US sounds similar - we get rebates or have to pay depnding on how we claim to the governmant and how much is taken from our paychecks.  What this topic has been about more than the normal tax rebate, is the "extra" rebate Pres. Bush decided to give us, hoping it will stimulate our economy.

Public health isn't free here and neither is public education beyond 12th grade.  However, our tax rate is lower.  We'll see if it stays that way if we get the "free" health care some folks and candidates want us to have.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

ippo

« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2008, 03:10:03 PM »
Yea,I have red that you have little time of depression in USA.
I hope it is soon over.

Offline egads1

• Board Regular!
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2008, 01:31:19 PM »
I'm visiting the closest bordello.

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 04:30:19 PM »

Tax Rebate ????????????? Who the hell would let the government keep all that money and draw interest on it while you could be doing the same thing for yourself. It is your money...
banditone1250s..... :stop:
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2008, 02:39:57 PM »

Tax Rebate ????????????? Who the hell would let the government keep all that money and draw interest on it while you could be doing the same thing for yourself. It is your money...
banditone1250s..... :stop:

I understand how to keep from getting a REFUND, but the REBATE is not the same thing.

I do let them keep a few buck and draw interest on it... they need the money to gas up those F/A-18's.  :lol:
I might have to reconsider that thought process now that they've decided to buy new tankers from Brand X.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »
I owe
I owe
on to work I go....
I owe, I owe, I owe, I owe,
I OWEEEEE
I Owe

:duh: 

:boohoo:
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline mademiriam

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »
I owe
I owe
on to work I go....
I owe, I owe, I owe, I owe,
I OWEEEEE
I Owe

:boohoo:
time to get our payroll clerk working for you, I think she secretly hates us and constantly makes payroll and taxation errors. The positive is none of us ever owe.
'05 Bandit 1200, Full Muzzy, Dyno jet stage 1, 5 degree ignition advancer, Galfer SS Lines, EBC rotors, busa shock, busa forks
'03 R6 trackbike

Offline joker

• Board Regular!
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2008, 11:47:31 PM »
 :stop: :stop: before you spend your millions  :bomb: :bomb: the government isn't telling you that its not a rebate, not a tax relief, however its actual income therefore it will be charged to you when you file your '08 taxes therefore your $300-$600 you receive.. if you do  :stickpoke: and i wouldn't hold your breath they'll tax you on it next year therefore the $300 to $600 will probably actually cost us a lot more than we receive.. i mean com'on the government givin us money without a catch... we're not exxon-mobil who received over a 18,000,000 (no i don't have too many 0's) tax break last year..  everyone has us over a barrel(of oil) least thats what they're blaming, it on, we as truckers out here can't stick together... we have a percentage that wants 100% fuel surcharge, we have another group that wants higher freight rates, and another that wants cheaper fuel, everyone fighting for different things... we know we're weaker in small groups as we are as a whole.. ok i've ranted enough... i'd put the $$ in a savings account.. or in an envelope, to pay uncle sam next year... and then spend the penny left on penny bubble gum... well you'll have to steal 4 cents from your piggy bank.. done ranting..

shawn
thought about it laughed about it forgot about it

hey when's it my turn to ride

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2008, 11:54:33 PM »
I'd be happy to take $600 off what I owe

John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2008, 11:59:59 PM »
its actual income therefore it will be charged to you when you file your '08 taxes...they'll tax you on it next year

Not true.  From the IRS website:  Q. Is my stimulus payment taxable?  A. No. You will not owe tax on your payment when you file your 2008 federal income tax return. But you should keep a copy of the IRS letter you receive later this year listing the amount of your payment. In the event you do not qualify for the full amount this year but you do next year, you will need to have the letter as a record of the amount you previously received.

I've been vovcl here about how stupid this whole plan is, and I know that IRS says you must report all income, but this was designed by congress as NOT income.

PS:  "Next year"?  Who said they are doing this again next year?!