Author Topic: Winter Riders?  (Read 7914 times)

Offline 0to60

• TURBO TYPER!
Winter Riders?
« on: September 06, 2006, 04:52:03 PM »
I ride all four seasons, because I paid the price of a small 100k car  for this bike and I plan on getting my full use out of it. How many winter riders are there in the B-alley?
 :beers:

The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary
The only thing that matters is how fast you can get from 0 to 60, because top speed is secondary

Offline StangMATA

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 06:11:20 PM »
I will now ride year round...but that's cause I live in Tx.  :motorsmile:

When I lived in NY, the bike went away in November and didn't come back out until April (unless we had a freakishly warm day)
Ian<br />USAF<br />2003 Silver Bandit 1200s<br />D&D slip-on. Busa Shock. Mostly Stock <br/> www.BuckNakedOffroad.com

Offline wrathchild

• Board Regular!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:21:12 PM »
I live in Canada so riding in the winter would be suicide !!!  :danger:

In the garage she goes !!!!!!

Offline amboman

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 07:26:15 PM »
I ride all year round but only take the big beast out on selected days.  the rest of the time I commute to work on a scooter, rain, hail, snow or shine.  Using the scooter has certainly been a saving on fuel and mileage on the CB.  What I do like is the fact that it feels like I am getting onto a new bike every time.  Just think about going from a 100cc scooter and jumping straight on a B12.   :motorsmile:
Taken over by the dark side. Now riding a CB 1300 but visit my old bandit regular.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 07:44:40 PM »
I guess it's safe to assume that a 'yes' vote means you ride in the winter?   :wink:

Probably should have excluded places like Arizona & So. Cal.

Offline ant_129

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:46:24 PM »
I think we have a poll error!

Do you ride your bikes in the winter or hibernate them until spring?

If you say "yes" then you do ride your bike or do you hibernate?
02 Bandit 1200S
Holeshot 21" slipon
Holeshot Stage 1 jet kit
Givi engine guards

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 09:00:19 PM »
I was just thinking of doing a poll like this but more along the lines of

What seasons do you ride in?

1. Summer only
2. Year 'round in a warm climate (TX, CA, FL etc)
3. Year 'round with a real winter.
4. Year 'round with no real summer.

Personally, i used to ride year round with a real winter (Wash DC) in all kinds of weather. Now in Spokane, WA, haven't hit winter riding yet, so we'll see, but probably will ride so long as the roads are not iced.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 09:05:13 PM »
As long as it ain't snowed or iced over, I ride. 30 degrees, 20 degrees, whatever...

Offline GSFStiny

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 09:21:58 PM »
Riding in cold doesnt bother me in the least, I dont mind layering up, and all the looks you get are pretty fun in a twisted sort of way.  However snow is not a biker's friend, not to mention the asshats at the WV DOH throw down an absolutely absurd amount of salt, which acts not only as lowside manufacturer, but accelerates corrosion like crazy.  My 2000 truck is already showing body rust.  :boohoo:   Thus the bandit will go in to hibernation as soon as the NaCl starts a' flyin
I used to think the brain was the most fascinating organ in the body.  Then I thought, 'well sure, look who's telling me that.'

99 bandit 1200s

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2006, 10:29:10 PM »
Please refrain from using the "w" word. I find it offensive. And I might cry. The last "unfavourable season" was rather mild and I regretted storing my bike away. This year I'm thinking about leaving it in the garage and trying to ride it on the nice days. However chilly they may be...
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Farre

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 05:13:49 AM »
All year long, bay-beee!

Note to self: When it's icy, keep the throttle in check, even on big roads! :shock:
I do it all year long since i don't have nay other transportation, but i also think this will be the last year that i'm trying to freeze my fingers off. Hopefully in winter 2007 i'll have a car  :wink: .

Personally, riding a bike in winter is not so pleasurable. damn cold, ice, heavier rainfall, snow catching onto the visor, i wouldn't recommend it....... BUT only REAL MEN can handle it!! AAAHAHAHAHAaah?   :monkeymoon:  :wink:
Alex
'91 B4 almost bone stock:
GK73 Inner forks& Springs
B6 Rear Shock

Offline wheeliekev

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.wirralwheelieboyz.com
Winter Riders?
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 09:40:48 AM »
all year round  :banana:
02 bandit 1216, wheelie fanatic

Offline B12NScott

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 02:31:40 PM »
Quote from: Vidrazor
As long as it ain't snowed or iced over, I ride. 30 degrees, 20 degrees, whatever...

+1
2K B-12S
2K5 DRZ 400s Dirt/SM

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 02:49:38 PM »
Two winters ago my last bike, a duc M620ie was my only transport so I rode it regardless of weather.  Public transport to my current job is a 2 hr nightmare so unless there was snow on the ground or the threat, I rode.  Even rode in the snow once...it wasn't supposed to snow and by the time I left work there was about 1/2 on the ground and windy as hell.  Interstates where mostly OK but I wouldn't recommend it to any sane person  :duh:

Now I have a car as well but the wife gets first dibs so the same rules apply now...If I don't have the car, then it's the scoot weather be damned...although I don't think I'll ever ride in the snow again.
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Winter Riders?
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 08:07:21 PM »
I ride year round.  Here in Okla I ride the least in late Jul & early Aug....just too hot...I can usually find a 50-60 degree winter day in Jan & Feb.
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport