Author Topic: Wreck pic, this will make you cringe  (Read 7253 times)

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
Wreck pic, this will make you cringe
« on: September 16, 2006, 09:17:56 AM »
I thought some of you guys might wanna see this. Wreck happened in shady valley, tn. sunday. Titanium zx-6 washed out taking out the zzr in the other lane. I ride up there alot, but was not there when this happened. Someone just had their camera ready at the right time.

The zzr rider(no leathers) had 2 sprained ankles from what i heard, and refused med. attention. The zx-6 rider had bone sticking out of his leg inside his boot, but is in otherwise good shape.

Offline fake

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2006, 10:53:15 AM »
That looks like photo shop to me.  A horrible attempt at it too.
2005 B-1200S Limited

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2006, 11:05:02 AM »
Hmmm...do we know anything about the source of the photo?  I agree that some of the elements (the bike mid-air and the person cringing at the left) see to pop out a bit too much, but I could accept the photo as real if the photographer could vouch for it.  We've all seen some AMAZING shots.  (Those pix which lead in to each issue of Sports Illustrated are usually great.)

I guess what I find REALLY hard to accept is that a photographer was there at exactly the right moment to capture all these elements in play...and didn't jerk the camera or stop shooting.  Yeah, I know hardcore photogs who cover action sports or wars are hardened, but here we have a bike spinning through the air, a person about to get wiped out, (is that a jacket flailing around behind her?), a rider on the ground about to get mushed, and this cold-hearted bastard keeps snapping away.

Overall, there's just too much hyper-reality going on *all at the same time* for me to accept it without more info.

I'd kinda like it to be real, in that all that and only one significant injury!

EDIT:  I finally see that what I saw as a person cringing to the left is a person flying through the air.  Optical illusion or bad eyesight?  You be the judge!
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2006, 11:45:02 AM »
I'm with Sven.  I think some of the elements stand out a little too much.  May be wrong, but it just doesn't look right for some reason.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline jlmoulto

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 01:21:50 PM »
Definite photoshop, and poorly done, if you look closely at the different pieces of the picture.

Offline Ronrdrcr

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 01:28:56 PM »
Looking at it some more, I noticed the tread is easily visible on the  bike in the air.  The tires were not even rotating on it.

Ron
2006 Kawaasaki Z1000, Corbin seats, CRG mirrors, clear alternatives smoked taillight, Metzler M3 tires, and even more smiles!!!
92 Bandit 400
going to the wifey

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 02:27:20 PM »
We really love a puzzle, don't we.  The tread's visibility would be acceptable if this were a very short exposure in bright light, which the rest of this photo would have to be for the other details to be as sharp.  So yes, it still could be a real shot.

Another realistic touch is that the light source is consistant througout the picture...the flying person's arm casts a shadow which matches the shadow in the pine tree.  The light on the muffler falls in the same place as it does on the piece of fairing which is flying through the air.

And...turn the picture upside down and look at the airborne bike.  It is either compose of multiple shots, or it is a picture of a bike flying through the air, even if from some other source.  The front wheel is higher than the back wheel.  It *could* be a picture of a bike turned upside down, but then someone has edited in the front wheel.

So if this is a fake, someone has used an EXCELLENT eye for detail to assemble it.

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 02:34:31 PM »
It's possible that someone was set up on a tripod with a super short exposure because they wanted to catch bikes coming around thecorner and wanted to be able to see spokes on the wheels instead of blurs.  Seems like too much coincidence to me, though.  But then anything is possible.  If there's voting, i say fake.

Offline solman

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 02:37:49 PM »
I must admit, at first glance, it definitely looks like the photo was altered.  But, given how digital cameras aren't the best for action shots, it could be just how it turned out.  The bike on the ground doesn't appear to be altered, but the one in the air seems a bit out of place.  It would be nice to have the person who took the shot verify it.
03 Naked Bandit 1200 <br />Vitamin B12, its great for the soul!

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »
It is guarenteed real, i know alot of the folks who ride up there and take pics. I have seen pics of the aftermath including where they landed, zx rider laying in ditch right where it shows him in pic receiving medical attention. I agree it is so unreal it appears shopped, but i assure you it's not.

Oh and rocketboy, you are correct. The lady was up there setup for the sole intention of shooting bikes.

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 04:25:39 PM »
OK, NCB, I'm willing accept it; the more I dissected it, the more real it looked.  All told, I am just glad injuries weren't deaths.

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 05:08:28 PM »
I opened this picture in photo shop, and I find nothing to make me think that this is not a real picture.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Rocketboy

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 11:17:58 PM »
Well then i guess the next thing to discuss is, why was this yahoo riding a road like that with no real gear on?  Damn lucky to get away like he did.

Offline NCBANDIT

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 12:52:45 AM »
The guy n the zzr (guy in textile jacket) was just cruising along from what i hear. Just a wrong place at the wrong time deal.

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 03:03:59 AM »
I was out mowing the lawn and took this pic.

Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S