Author Topic: XT350 help  (Read 3817 times)

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
XT350 help
« on: April 11, 2005, 06:50:27 AM »
I have a 1986 Yamaha xt350 I need to do something with it. I broke it back in 87 and still have it. I can't find any forums for this vintage thumper. Well i did find some but not in english. The bearing behind the clutch broke and damaged the case. Some scumbag took my tank but the rest is still in my storage shead. Maybe its time to e-bay it and see what I can get. I also have a orange RD350 that has alot of old school mods, but I'm keeping that.....it runs good. I think I was the only one that ever put aluminum rims on one of those babies.
Anyway any ideas about where to look for XT help???
 :thanks:    :beers:
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
XT350 help
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 06:59:04 AM »
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline billythefish

• TURBO TYPER!
XT350 help
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 08:05:14 AM »
yeah, thumpertalk is good.  i used to have one of those in orange when i lived in L.A.  great bike! It had low compression so i put it into LA triumph to be fixed and it was stolen from their lot.  its probably living in mexico now  :sad:
Regards,
Billy
'05 Bandit 1200 (nekkid)

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
Re: XT350 help
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 06:31:39 PM »
Quote from: "chupacabra"
I have a 1986 Yamaha xt350 I need to do something with it. I broke it back in 87 and still have it. I can't find any forums for this vintage thumper. Well i did find some but not in english. The bearing behind the clutch broke and damaged the case. Some scumbag took my tank but the rest is still in my storage shead. Maybe its time to e-bay it and see what I can get. I also have a orange RD350 that has alot of old school mods, but I'm keeping that.....it runs good. I think I was the only one that ever put aluminum rims on one of those babies.
Anyway any ideas about where to look for XT help???
 :thanks:    :beers:

you need to dump that rd on some poor shmoe before you spend a ton of money and knukles trying to get in ridable shape :stickpoke:

oh and if you want i could find a home for it!!! if you dont have time ? :motorsmile:  M
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: XT350 help
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 05:09:40 AM »
Quote from: "chupacabra"
I also have a orange RD350 that has alot of old school mods, but I'm keeping that.....it runs good. I think I was the only one that ever put aluminum rims on one of those babies.

Orange? Is it a '75? I had a '75. I don't know if I'd call the OEM color orange, it's one of of the ugliest colors I'd ever seen on a bike (about the color of salmon steaks)... so I had it painted pearl black with purple ghost flames. Oh, and I had Akront aluminum hoops laced up to mine, too.

Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for help on your XT...
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)