Author Topic: You gotta watch out for those rickshaws....(Pakistan)  (Read 1704 times)

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
You gotta watch out for those rickshaws....(Pakistan)
« on: August 16, 2005, 12:07:01 PM »
I-Day celebrations: 6 motorcyclists killed, 350 hurt

Staff Report

LAHORE: Six motorcyclists were killed and over 350 were injured, 14 critically, while celebrating Independence Day between late Saturday night and early Sunday morning. City police also arrested around 400 motorcyclists for performing stunts and driving their motorcycles without silencers.

Reportedly, most motorcyclists were injured because the stunts they were attempting went awry. Muhammad Imran, a Jia Musa resident, was riding his motorcycle on one wheel when he collided with another motorcyclist and fell. He suffered severe head injuries and was taken to Mayo Hospital where he died.

Saeed Ahmad, a resident of Islampura, was performing stunts on his bike when he slipped and fell. He suffered severe head injuries and was taken to Services Hospital where he died.

Muhammad Amjad, a Kotlakhpat resident, was also performing stunts when he collided with another motorcyclist Faisal, a resident of Walton Road. They were taken to General Hospital where they both died. Muhammad Qaiser, a resident of RA Bazar, was driving his motorcycle on one wheel when he slipped and fell. He died instantly. Muhammad Zubair was performing stunts on his motorcycle at Canal Road when he collided with a rickshaw and fell. He died instantly.

Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2005, 12:08:36 PM »
Pak teens turn bad bandana bikers on Independance Day!
Lahore : Teenagers in Pakistan seem to have devised a unique way of celebrating their Independence Day; by doing dare-devil stunts on silencer-shorn bikes, with bandana’s for helmets!

Keeping the tradition alive, this year too, multiple biker gangs wore their national flags as bandannas and sped through the streets and lanes of Lahore, with pressure horns blaring from their silencer-free bikes.

According to the Daily Times, people in Lahore had to deal with the menace, as the noise of silencer-shorn motorcycles created a major disturbance.

Cars decorated with Pakistani flags were also seen speeding alongside other cars.

Motorcyclists, on the other hand, appeared to be enjoying the stunts. “I spent Rs 2000 on my motorcycle for the extra tunings and making it silencer-less, said 19-year-old Irfan. About the connection between I-Day and motorcycle stunts, he reportedly said: “I want to keep the passion alive that makes people say that ‘the youngsters of today are crazy’”.

Besides creating a nuisance, the daring stunts of the motorcyclists also proved hazardous for some. As many as three teenagers were reportedly injured while performing the routine.

Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650
I'm really a very hot, sexy,lesbian, trapped in this fat, middle-aged, male body......

Offline PeteSC

• Board Homesteader!
    • SouthChinaLady
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2005, 12:15:09 PM »
5 motorcyclists die over 170 injured during frenzied wheeling on August 14
Monday August 15, 2005 (1525 PST)

Email  Most Popular
 Print  Add to Favorite

LAHORE: At least five motorcyclists were died and over 170 received grievous injuries during frenzied wheeling exercise on the occasion of 58th Independence Day in provincial capital Lahore.
The 58th Independence Day was observed with great national zest and zeal in provincial capital Lahore on Sunday. The Youth in midnight of August 13 and 14 exhibited master skills of motorcycle wheeling and racing on the main highways of the capital.

Some motorcycles collided with one another and many fell that resulted in death of five hoodlums while some 170 frenzied drivers sustained injuries. The injured were shifted in local hospitals of Lahore.

The hide and seek game between police and wheelers continued and police gripped many motorcyclists in various police stations of the city.

Rumors that an effort to rename Pakistan, as either 'Sturgistan', or 'Squidistan' are unfounded..... :duh:
Spartanburg, SC
'99 Bandit 1200
'03 DR650