Author Topic: It's time to start planning  (Read 31841 times)

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
It's time to start planning
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:15:58 PM »
This weird spring weather we're getting has got me all amped up for a motorcycle trip/tour. Let's start planning routes and dates! I'd be game for anything in the northwest (WA, OR, ID, MT, BC, Alberta, etc). Thinking last week of July-ish? Anybody game? The last one was a blast.

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: It's time to start planning
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 01:53:39 AM »
Well...I'm game for sure, but I haven't got my summer schedule finalized yet, but I can always fit in a long weekend.

You must be ready for a little trip before July? We should be safe with a trip in early May like you, Red & I did 3 years ago. I'd be game to do a lot of the same roads we did then, or add in some stuff just east of the Columbia River. Other than the Sherman Pass, the rest of the area is not too high in altitude.

Our Cranbrook tour is doing the Sawtooth Mountains in SW Idaho, after doing the Libby Dam, Lolo Pass, etc. and then heading west back towards your home town. May 28th to June 5th... if your interested I can keep you posted as we go along...looks like a slightly slower pace this year, with likely 4 Gold Wings...one of the crew is 70 this year, but still fun.

Anyway...good to hear from you buddy...I missed riding with you last year...but I did get about 13,000 kms (8500 miles) on the new Triumph ST.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2010, 01:33:27 PM »
I'd love to get in on part of that Cranbrook tour Paul--not sure about how much yet, but keep me posted. And yeah, we should plan on something in May as well. I'm pretty flexible.

It'll be weird not seeing you on that 600. I'm hoping that you kept that raggedy old sheepskin seat cover for the Triumph.  :grin:

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 01:02:26 PM »
I'm hoping that you kept that raggedy old sheepskin seat cover for the Triumph. 

Even better than that, I've still got the little 600 (my brother changed his mind about buying it), but it has to go this spring...

The Sheepskin is still around, but I don't use it as much on the Triumph...seat seems to fit me a little better, and the hard bags are smaller, so I have to pack a little lighter.

I haven't seen Red01 on the board lately...Is everything OK in his life?

Cargo7 got restructured out of his job with Shell Canada, so he is running his own little "Consulting" business this year, and says he will have lots of time to ride, so yea, let's see how the weather pans out and look for an early May trip...maybe a 4 day weekend?
Paul

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »
Everything is OK in my life, just work got in the way of my free computer time for a while, but now that we've shipped the first three 747-8's off to Flight Test, things are back to normal again.  :bandit:

And I'm open for dates.  Nothing planned for this year yet - and my boy got his B12 all put back together from his little incident last summer behind Marblemount, so he'll probably be up for a ride - and you guys won't have to fight over who has to share a room with me, I'll make him do it.  :trustme:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Bobcat

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 05:38:57 PM »
I figured you finally got banned.  :stickpoke:

I have to do a bunch of work on the bike (new chain/sprockets, tires, throttle body sync, new plugs, pads, etc etc) but I'll have it back on the road in a couple of weeks...

Does Paulie snore too? And three Pauls on one damn ride??

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 05:48:53 PM »
I don't know if he does or not... we don't normally sleep in the same house anymore.
I could see if my former son-in-law wants to tag along on his KLR, then we could have 4 Pauls...  :stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Nick2k

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 08:49:44 PM »

Hey guys!

I haven't checked the boards in a while, too bad we didn't get to participate in a trip last year. Lolo sure was a blast.

In other news...

Chantal (Chandita) sold her bandit last summer and got a Superhawk, she loves it.

Aaaand....I just sold my bandit yesterday.  :duh:  I directed the new owner to these boards, he lives in Portland. Still can't believe I parted with my B12. Will I regret it? Probably.

But, hopefully the ZX-14 I'm getting will lessen the sting a little.  :motorsmile:

Hope you all are doing well!

-Nick
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2010, 12:16:57 AM »
Well, here are our vacation days for this year:

April 2 - 11
July 30 - Aug 8
Aug 28 - Sept 6
Dec 24 - Jan 2

I doubt we'll be taking the bikes anywhere in Dec though.
Other than this, any of the long weekends might be doable, if we can get moving early enough last day of work before it.

If anything works out in these time frames, we'll try to get down there fora ride.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline damion

• New user!
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2010, 07:09:56 PM »

Aaaand....I just sold my bandit yesterday.  :duh:  I directed the new owner to these boards, he lives in Portland. Still can't believe I parted with my B12. Will I regret it? Probably.

-Nick

I'll make sure she knows that you miss her, Nick!

In related news, I don't get over to that side of the state much, but I just might be able to find the time for a Bandit get-together!

Also in related news... My first post!

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 12:56:13 PM »
I haven't checked the boards in a while, too bad we didn't get to participate in a trip last year. Lolo sure was a blast.

Good to hear from you Nick...this years Bandit ride has the potential of being the former Bandit owners ride!! (Bobcat's on his Busa, I'm now on a Triumph ST, you and Chandita have changed, and even Stormi's on a new Honda).  You didn't miss much in 2009, as we had trouble getting a group together, but it's starting to look like there is a bunch of interest this year. (Amazing what a little sunshine does!)

Haven't seen Andrew on the board for a while. Do you still have some contact with him?
Paul

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 11:36:55 AM »
Also in related news... My first post!

:welcome: and  :congrats: - even if you did spring for one of the slower silver ones.  :motorsmile:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline damion

• New user!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 02:28:50 PM »

:welcome: and  :congrats: - even if you did spring for one of the slower silver ones.  :motorsmile:

Well, I guess I'll just have to hope that my skills make up for it!!

and  :thanks:

Offline mobilemike

• TURBO TYPER!
    • Mikes Mobile Marine
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2010, 12:45:26 PM »
Hay, Hay! Dont forget me too. Whoot!!!!!!!
I am up for it.
01 1200 RED
high comp pistons, gsxr cam, ported head, full exhaust, fork brace, rick forks, penski shock.

Offline Nick2k

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2010, 01:27:03 PM »

I still stay in contact with Andrew, he has been too busy with his business/school/family to ride for a while. Apparently he's moving to Portland in the near future, at least he's staying in the Pacific Northwest!
2008 Kawasaki ZX-14