Author Topic: Cycle Gear  (Read 5387 times)

Offline TheBigB

• Board Homesteader!
Cycle Gear
« on: March 16, 2005, 05:42:13 PM »
For those of you familiar with this company you are surely aware of their outstanding return policy. Quite simply, you can return or exchange anything, anytime for almost any reason.

Today I put this policy to the test and they passed with flying colors. Currently Cycle Gear is running a special on Frank Thomas gear for ladies. The deal is this: Buy the Leiah Jacket, Leiah Pants and Leiah Gloves and get the Maria Boots for free, a $150 savings. Well, two months ago I was in there and bought my better half the Jacket, Pants, and Boots, but not the gloves. So today I went back and asked if there is anyway I might be able to take advantage of this offer after the fact.  I offered to buy the Gloves and then just get a refund on the boots and we would be square. Well, modern technology being what it is it wasn't as easy as that for the clerk to do. I told them that I was more than willing to return all my stuff and then turn right around and buy it again just to save the $ 150 if need be. It was at this point the clerk figured it out and though I didn't have any of the product with me, he basically did a return and re-purchase for all that gear.

I was rather impressed. And, in addition to all this, at the time of the original purchase I received an additional 10% off for openning a charge account with them - this too was credited to the re-purchase - like i said, i was really impressed.

I know there are some good savings to be had online at places like New Enough and Helmet Harbor, but for me, the value added by customer service like this is often enough for me to partronize my local merchants first.

The Big B

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Cycle Gear
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 11:10:21 PM »
I've noticed Cycle Gear's prices are usually not much more than discount E-tailers on many things anyway... at least on the stuff I've compared. The big downside for me is they only have two stores in Washington state. One is in Tacoma and the other is in Auburn (about half way between Seattle and Tacoma)... so the nearest one (Auburn) is ~100 miles from my house. Since I don't get down that way very often, I still do my shopping either online or at the dealers in my area. I'm still puzzled as to why they located their two stores so close to each other (only 15-20 miles apart) instead of putting one IN Seattle, or slightly to the north. When I asked if they had any plans for a more northerly store, they said it was possibly in their long term plans, but not any time soon.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline TheBigB

• Board Homesteader!
I got lucky
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2005, 12:54:51 AM »
My local Cycle Gear is exactly that - local - about five miles, so for me it is a no brainer.

Offline BanditBoy

• New user!
Cycle Gear
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 01:16:14 PM »
:lol:  I concur!  CG is the first place I go for accessories.  Not being 'beholding' to any one brand, I can always get a fair deal and good product information there AND if they ever DON'T have something (not often), they get it in quickly.  I also like being able to try new things and have tried and returned a full-blown Chatterbox unit after determining that it wasn't 'right for me'.  KUDOS!   :beers:
- Mike
----------------------------------------
It's another great day for a ride!

Silver '03 B12S
Holeshot Stg I + 21" can
Givi screen

Offline Big Bo

• Board Homesteader!
Cycle Gear
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2005, 10:15:13 PM »
I like cycle gear too!
2002 Silver 1200S