Author Topic: Joe Rocket Blaster Gloves  (Read 3880 times)

Offline dsartwell1

• Board Homesteader!
Joe Rocket Blaster Gloves
« on: April 10, 2005, 10:11:15 PM »
Just bought a pair of JR Blaster Gloves. All leather and an extra layer on the palms. Padding on the back of hand and knuckles. Gauntlets cover the sleeves pretty well. These are really nice gloves for 40 bucks(at the stealer). Leather is real flexible and felt good with almost no break-in. Seem to be very warm although there is no insulation. This is the first pair of all leather gloves I've owned and I'm sold. The feel on the grips and controls is so much better than the textile gloves, even the ones with suede palms.

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 12:12:21 AM »
I have a pair of them and I like them pretty well too.  They used to make my hands smell gawdawful like formaldehyde after a ride, but now that I've thoroughly drenched them in a couple of downpours and wrung them out, they don't smell so badly.  

I think they are sized pretty much like normal gloves.

I wear them without glove liners down to about 40 degrees for a short commute.  Colder than that and I have have do don polypropylene liners.
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2005, 12:34:06 AM »
If you like these gloves, you might wanna check into buying a couple of sets and putting 'em away for later. They're now discontinued by Joe Rocket, and New Enough has them on Closeout for $19.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_blaster_gloves_page.htm
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline flip

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 02:25:34 AM »
I just went to newenough.com. to check out those gloves. I have a few pair of gloves but it's hard to pass up a good deal. They have the Joe Rocket Phoenix gloves on clearance in sizes xxl and small for $7.50 a pair in red, yellow or blue. I don't have any hot weather gloves  so at that price, I got a pair of each color. I sure am glad I got out bid on a pair of those on EBAY yesterday! Thanks guys.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
I too couldn't pass these up!
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 04:48:07 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
If you like these gloves, you might wanna check into buying a couple of sets and putting 'em away for later. They're now discontinued by Joe Rocket, and New Enough has them on Closeout for $19.

http://www.newenough.com/joe_rocket_blaster_gloves_page.htm

Great price $19.00 + $7 for shipping. What's not too like! They Still have a few choices too..    Thanks