Author Topic: Ready To Navigate - Garmin Quest 2 on the Bandit!  (Read 4420 times)

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
Ready To Navigate - Garmin Quest 2 on the Bandit!
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:55:16 AM »
Took my innaugural ride with the Garmin mounted to it's new riding place.

Used the original window suction cup mount and bracket with two screws into the plastic behind the instrument cluster...it won't stick to any more windows now!

Rode about 130 miles on the "shakedown" tour and all seems well so far. Still need to add my power outlet after I figure out just what that will be. In the mean time, I can rely on the battery.
Paul D.
04 GSF1200S (Charcoal Grey)
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline B12NScott

• Board Homesteader!
garmin
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 01:36:38 AM »
Looks great.
2K B-12S
2K5 DRZ 400s Dirt/SM

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 07:32:33 PM »
Is that mounted using the bracket that came with the unit?
Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 08:47:04 PM »
Quote from: "ATC'er"
Is that mounted using the bracket that came with the unit?

I used the original window suction cup set up.  The only change was to flip the cradle assembley 180 degrees on the ball mount, which viewed from the side would now look like a "Z".  The two screws go through the plastic mount at an angle, through the rubber cup, and into the plastic console between the gages.  The rubber acts like a washer between the plastic peices.
Paul D.
...TRASHED

My Other Digs Bikers4Christ     Listen to KLOVE online or find a station near you.

Offline ATC'er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 10:15:07 PM »
Looks good.  Out of the way, but visible.
Chuck
2005 Bandit 1200S

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2006, 12:30:20 AM »
Clean set up....  Let me know what you think about the Quest.  I'm waiting for the prices to drop before I make my move on one.

Dave
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline Banditboy600

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
Nice job!
Kevin R
'02 Bandit 600S (sold)
'05 FZ1 silver

Offline Heaven Bound

• Board Homesteader!
  • Crash Test Dummy
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2006, 07:35:55 PM »
Quote from: "terrebandit"
Clean set up....  Let me know what you think about the Quest.  I'm waiting for the prices to drop before I make my move on one.

Dave

So far, so good.  My eyes are still good enough to see the display sufficiently with a quick glance.  The buttons are a little too small for gloves, but you shouldn't be adjusting (playing with) while riding anyways.

I've planned a few trips on the device, but have not yet tried the workaround(s) required to do the planning on the PC...mine did not come with the software disk, but the software was enabled already.
Paul D.
...TRASHED

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 10:56:00 AM »
I find that if you contact state departments of tourism by e-mail, they'll send you roadmaps (and other stuff) - and the maps slip right into the map holder of my tankbag. While they won't give you turn-by-turn instructions to go to someone's doorstep, they have one thing going for them, they're free! They also work when there's no electricity.

:stickpoke:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Buddha

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2006, 12:35:20 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
I find that if you contact state departments of tourism by e-mail, they'll send you roadmaps (and other stuff) - and the maps slip right into the map holder of my tankbag. While they won't give you turn-by-turn instructions to go to someone's doorstep, they have one thing going for them, they're free! They also work when there's no electricity.

:stickpoke:

The maps may work when you don't have electricity, but doesn't it make the trip more interesting when you have to push the bike everywhere?