Author Topic: Super Brace fork brace after 6 months  (Read 4165 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Super Brace fork brace after 6 months
« on: October 23, 2006, 11:57:44 PM »
After breaking in my 05 B12 and especially after installing the Ivan Jet kit I began to really enjoy the B12’s low end power in and out of turns along rout 66 near Bullhead and Kingman Arizona. I began to notice an occasional unsteadiness or slight wobble in the front mostly when powering out of turns. At first I thought it was the tire pressure or steering head was loose but none of those things were the problem. I had heard that a fork brace would help but I didn’t like some of the flat black multi-piece units that were out there until I saw the Super Brace which not only looked good  but was only a two piece unit  that could be installed without disassembling the forks. From the first day I installed the Super Brace the bike was noticeable more sure footed in the front to the point that I completely forgot about it because I never had any hint of a wobble again. I paid $116 at I-Bike.com.

Offline RobRobinson

• Board Homesteader!
They really help!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 10:24:58 AM »
I too felt the slight wobble in rough-road twisties.  I got the Holeshot fork brace and it truly makes a very positive difference.

Wonder why they don't come on the bikes?

:duh:
RIDE FAST!
NO FEAR!
STAY ALIVE!

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 04:07:18 PM »
I almost considered buying a steering damper but took the logical recommendation to try a fork brace first. I had my doubts until I realized it worked so well I forgot about it. It is hard to believe that Suzuki wouldn’t incorporate a fork brace into their fender design but like all bikes its not perfect.

Offline mike

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 08:46:58 PM »
Wonder why they don't come on the bikes?

mfr spend more $$$$$ on a budget bike...  never happen....  That's not what sells it from the the way they see it...

Of course, I wonder how many mfr suits actually ride who make these decisions at the top, and would they even buy a Bandit if they did...

I definitely agree, the brace is worth the money and a easy install...  I had the black holeshot...

Offline Fordtech

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 11:10:56 PM »
Anyone know if superbrace has a distributor in Canada?

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:36:37 AM »
Just E-mail them (customer-service@superbrace.com). I am sure they will quote you a shipping price to any address.

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Super Brace fork brace after 6 months
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 01:25:58 AM »
Quote from: "CWO4GUNNER"
After breaking in my 05 B12 and especially after installing the Ivan Jet kit I began to really enjoy the B12’s low end power in and out of turns along rout 66 near Bullhead and Kingman Arizona. I began to notice an occasional unsteadiness or slight wobble in the front mostly when powering out of turns. At first I thought it was the tire pressure or steering head was loose but none of those things were the problem. I had heard that a fork brace would help but I didn’t like some of the flat black multi-piece units that were out there until I saw the Super Brace which not only looked good  but was only a two piece unit  that could be installed without disassembling the forks. From the first day I installed the Super Brace the bike was noticeable more sure footed in the front to the point that I completely forgot about it because I never had any hint of a wobble again. I paid $116 at I-Bike.com.

Thanks, chief. I was wondering if anyone made a decent fork brace for El Bandido.  I couldn't believe the difference a solid fork brace made on my old Yamaha 850 SG. Once had to dodge around a cager who jammed on his brakes, causing me to plow some dirt on the shoulder with the front wheel. I couldn't believe how easily the bike handled that excursion, thanks to the fork brace (prolly saved me idiot life)!  :annoy:

Herb