Author Topic: Raising the Tail  (Read 9906 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Raising the Tail
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:18:22 PM »
Raising the Tail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Buff
(3/4/02 9:00 am)
Jack-up kit for b4

Hi All, Greetings from South Africa.

I'm about to take delivery of a grey import '93 B4... aah and she's a little black beauty that goes like the absolute clappers. Just a quick question to the techno's out there: Can a person jack-up the B4 like the guys do with their 1200's? They shorten the jack-up rods/bars by about 6mm to give it a higher ass. Anybody tried it on the B4?

Thanks in advance
Ciao
Buff

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitz Racing
(3/4/02 11:55 am)
Jack

Yes it works. I went 15mm and it was too much. 10mm is good for me. Gave a little over 30mm ride height.

Lizardking
(3/4/02 10:16 pm)
What did you do?

Fitz - What did you make the new jackup plates from? Steel stock? Care to share the info?

Thinking of doing this this spring

Fitz Racing
(3/4/02 11:39 pm)
ride height

I just shortened the stock rods and reused them. Good thing I have an extra set. It's sure a lot easier to take off material than to add it back on.

Watch for Brent Bennett no. 914 in Fridays pro 600 supersport race. I just finished his bike a week and a half ago. His first time in Daytona. He rides a R6. He did good in the local race, but is about 2 seconds off what he thinks the big boys will be running. He said he can't beleive how long you keep your bike wide open in top gear.

Buff
(3/5/02 2:26 am)
Another ride height question?

Thanx Fitz, what sort of difference does this make to the steering of the bike, especially at speed? Is the front-end still stable? I imagine it will be an improvement in traffic.

Lizardking
(3/5/02 11:15 pm)
Shortened?

Not sure what you mean by shortened. Drill an extra hole? I think that would be too much. Cut and weld?

Excuse the ignorance, but if youve got a meathod that works, and you OBVIOUSLY know more than me, i want info!

Thanks
Jeff

Fitz Racing
(3/6/02 1:13 am)
rods

Sorry about that. Cut and weld is the method I used.

gsf 400
(3/6/02 2:21 pm)
jack up plates

Go to www.banditmania.co.uk the sell jack up plates there and do export stuff.

Tom

Lizardking
(3/6/02 10:15 pm)
THANKS!

Not sure if I want to try cutting and welding, but am probably gonna try cutting new ones from stock steel, mostly to preserve my stock set.

ALSO, I reread my post and it sounds quite obnoxious, and is truely not meant to. I consider you the expert Fitz, and welcome any comments and advice...thats why i was begging for info.

Jeff out.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Raising the Tail
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 09:18:49 PM »
There's a good how-to thread in the 1200 FAQ on how to make your own dogbones. Even though this is on a 1200, the principles are the same. I'm not sure if the linkage ratio is identical between various models, but I'm guessing it is pretty close.

>>> Homemade dogbones thread <<<
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7