Author Topic: New Brakes, Grinding Sound  (Read 4739 times)

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: New Brakes, Grinding Sound
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2008, 10:22:28 PM »
Umm i think the single disc bandit has different to the twin disc b12

Nope...  The little single disc B4 uses the left side from the big, twin disc B12.  FWIW, the GS500 uses the right side.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 12:28:59 AM »
>>Holy Crap. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you start talking to the manager of that shop...<<

Actually, these guys have been very good with me, and go out of their way to take care of me. They were more than ready to acknowledge the phuck-up and make good on it. People are human, and shit happens. It was a particularly busy day at the shop that day when they did the brake job.

In as much as they were ready to get a new rotor, they happen to still have my old B4's front rotor from my original wheel which I had replaced. It was in better shape actually than the rotor I had on (before it got ground), with about ~15k less miles on it, and no rust on the gold area. So on that rotor went, with yet another new set of pads, and I rode off into the sunset.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:31:58 AM by Vidrazor »

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 04:39:31 AM »
Umm i think the single disc bandit has different to the twin disc b12

Nope...  The little single disc B4 uses the left side from the big, twin disc B12.  FWIW, the GS500 uses the right side.
Always ready to be corrected but i thought the single disc b4 had a larger single disc. than the pair on the import b4 but obviously i am misinformed.

Offline erik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 05:10:20 AM »
you're correct, the single disc b4 has a 310mm disc, the twin disc b4 has 290mm discs.
the b12 and rf900 and some other bikes have the same 310mm discs as the single disc b4, just they have a pair of them.

Offline andrewsw

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 02:22:54 PM »
>>Holy Crap. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when you start talking to the manager of that shop...<<

Actually, these guys have been very good with me, and go out of their way to take care of me. They were more than ready to acknowledge the phuck-up  ...  and I rode off into the sunset.

all's well that ends well... :motorsmile: