Author Topic: no power on the hwy  (Read 2695 times)

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
no power on the hwy
« on: August 07, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »
So i moved to a another town and i drove the bike for the first time ever on  the hwy. I was on a 55mph road and i could get up to 65 but thats it. I had plenty of throttle left but the more i gave didnt change anything. I also would slow way down to 45 going on a hill and just nothing i could do about it. It was like it wasnt getting any fuel or something.

the PO did a jetkit and i have the screws out to 3 per the dynojet spec.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: no power on the hwy
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 10:41:50 AM »
Some possibilities real quick off the top of my head:

PO buggered up the jet kit install
Dirty air filter
Low compression
Vacuum leak(s)
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 01:40:54 AM »
i got a brand new air filter this year.

Possible on the jet kit, i dont know much about carbs so i havent opened them. Runs great it town though really fast for what i normaly do with it for commuting.

Im hoping to get a house soon, then this winter tear into it since im not riding it daily like i was before.

Im kinda with you on vacum leak as i have problems with idle, just either does 2200rpms or stalls when is stop. No where inbetween and once its warmed up the rpm nob doesnt nothing for adjustments. All the rubber is pretty old now on a 93 i might have to look at the hoses closely.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 01:43:17 AM by fireburster »

Offline crashoverrideplik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2010, 11:03:57 PM »
Have you moved to a new location and the altitude has changed? I just came back from Montana and had to change my jetting for altitude.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2010, 04:25:36 PM »
no still same state same alt. Its sitting in storage right now so i havent had a chance to look at it at all. Hopefully soon i will when i find a house.