Author Topic: Replacement/aftermarket coils  (Read 5660 times)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Replacement/aftermarket coils
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 11:18:43 PM »
Stockers bolted to the frame.

The new coils will hang directly underneath paralleling the tube. Like a scrotum on either side.

Jay was also the man. He helped everyone out and sure, he'd sell stuff, but he'd also offer advice and was an all around good guy.

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:47 PM »
I think he helped me out with my carbs when I first got this bike.

Has anyone run without resistors? Would not using them cause the plugs/coils to draw too much current? (You mentioned removing them before)

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 07:11:23 AM »
Running without resistors would actually increase the output to the plugs but the system is designed with some in it for RF suppression.

I've run:

-suppression wires with stock plug ends: no problem

-copper wire with stock ends: no problem

-suppression wire with normal ends: no problem

I don't know if you can remove the resistor pill in the factory ends and still have them work if that's what you're after.

Offline Nickelodeon

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 07:38:54 PM »
"Has anyone run without resistors? Would not using them cause the plugs/coils to draw too much current? (You mentioned removing them before)"

I seem to remember that the original spec'd plugs were non-resistor type....all you can get today for the most part is resistor plugs anyway.

My iridium's seem to work well, but the point is if you run a resistor plug you are probably alright with solid core and normal boots.

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
Very true, I over looked that point. Spark looks a lot stronger. Can't wait to finish my mounts tomorrow.

Offline ???

• Board Regular!
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2013, 12:22:12 PM »
No, his yosh spam was annoying.

first:  my "friends" Sean & tomacGTi ..i would annoying  if I was selling on YOUR posts/topics. the posts/topics were mine and if you think is annoying you just had not to follow.. and again if there is something wrong you could report it to admin or pm me , don't try to be smart, we know you are..

second: I deleted all the pics & info cause the were "useless" for the most of you maybe.

good luck you all and spend your time riding your bandit and not moddifing it for nothing..

*tomacGTi you're not a dick..you're m@l@k@s with all the meaning!

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »
I know what a malaka is. I don't need an explanation. For everyone else that speaks english, it's asshole in Greek.

I told you in a post without being malicious, you decided to leave and delete everything. No one ever forced you to do anything. You chose, noone forced you. I voiced my opinion and that was your interpretation.

Also, you posted on the main board, not the classifieds and constantly bumped your threads. That is what I held issue with.

This is the last time I address this. Pm me if you want to get personal and not clog someones post if you're not contributing.

« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 01:35:16 PM by tomacGTi »

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2013, 12:00:14 AM »
I thought your pictures were helpful.

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2013, 10:38:48 PM »
So Sean, does the thing work?

Offline Sean

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 04:58:08 PM »
Yeah! I haven't made mounts yet but was able to hang them by one bolt each (to ground them) to the stock mount. Bike decides to run great once I started to show interest in replacing her, so needless to say I've too busy riding her to finish my mounts lol