Author Topic: Water disposal hole?  (Read 1998 times)

Offline k4y_d1

• TURBO TYPER!
Water disposal hole?
« on: March 26, 2007, 06:21:44 AM »
Hi, my b4 is not waterproof :grin:
When it's raining, one of the plugs tend to get wet, and I got crippled idle because 1 of the plug's not working.

My friend said it's because the water disposal hole in my engine block was blocked by dust/something so the water cannot get through... Is it true? and if yes, please please show me where's the location of this hole so I could try to clean it...

thx a lot!! :thanks:

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Water disposal hole?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 09:16:30 AM »
Try siliconing the plug caps, where the meet the wires and the caps where the meet the valve cover. That stoped my bike from dieing in the rain.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Water disposal hole?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »
I don't know exactly where they are on the B4, but on the bigger Bandits, they drain out the front of the head, between fins. Look closely in that area, if you still can't find them, if you pour a little water in the plug well of one of the good cylinders (leave the spark plug in, of course), you should be able to find it easily.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
Water disposal hole?
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »
It looks like they are just below the exhaust runners,on the front of the head.Being below the radiator and facing forward,they are probably prone to clogging with debris.
A little compressed air from up in the sparkplug well should clear them out nicely.If you dont have air,then a paperclip in the hole should dislodge any accumulated bits.
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline k4y_d1

• TURBO TYPER!
Water disposal hole?
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 11:25:42 PM »
Thanks A lot!!
Will try all solutions (siliconing, compressed air/paperclip)...

hope to see my b4 waterproof now  :grin:
 :thanks: