Author Topic: Supertrapp Internal Disc Slip On  (Read 3612 times)

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
Supertrapp Internal Disc Slip On
« on: November 23, 2005, 11:14:14 AM »
Does anyone have any experience with Supertrapps on there bandit?  I'm looking at replacing the fugly stock muffler with supertrapp model #42520190.  Its a 2" inlet *2" is what I need right I haven't measured the exhaust to be sure* Sportbike style slip on.  

If you have used this one or a similar supertrapp muffler how did it sound?
How much performance can be expected after a K&N drop in and a rejetting?

Does the muffler come with all the needed mounting hardware?
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 11:37:01 AM »
Maniac was a huge fan of his.  I'm sure he'll chime in with specifics.  2" is correct.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2005, 12:26:15 PM »
As Pitter said, I loved mine!

It's a much bigger can than most I've seen for the 400, it's definatly larger than the Yosh I'm running now. Installation was pretty easy, and you could adjust the sound by changing the number of disks (you could also change the engine tune this way). The bike had a lot more 'bark' to it off idle, and definatly sounded sweet. People commented on it all the time, "Man, your bike sounded wicked when you shot past"

2008 GSXR-750

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2005, 03:27:01 PM »
:thanks:  Is it enough bark to make people on bigger bikes who dont know it's a 400  think twice about racing?  I think it sounds sweet stock just a lil quiet and not agressive enough WOT.  I'm not trying to be rice boy honda style. I just want attitude out of this thing.

From what I've read on here D&D seems to be the loudest.  So with that in mind on a scale of 1-10 granted the supertrapp is tuneable, with the stock exhaust being a 1 and a D&D being a 10 just how loud is it?
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2005, 03:29:37 PM »
Well, I've never heard the D&D.

I've been told that it sounded bigger than it actually is, but then... people don't expect a 400cc 4-cylinder anyway and tend to mistake it for a small 600.  :grin:

It definatly wasn't as ear-splitting as my friend's Ninja 600, but I can't remember what can he had on it. Some wierd off-the-wall name that produced an annoying high-pitched noise.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline SRwitt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2005, 03:35:48 PM »
Ah well. Either way it should be louder than stock just by shear size of the exhaust opening compared to stock.
Shawn
2003 Ford Mustang 3.8L
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 03:55:06 PM »
Well, if I had to guess on your scale with stock being a 1 and D&D being 10... maybe a 6-8 range? It was pretty loud, not 'set off a car alarm' loud, but pretty loud.

Still quieter than a straight-pipe harley, though.  :lol:

2008 GSXR-750

Offline todius

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2005, 04:06:27 PM »
Another vote for the Supertrapp.   Never heard the B400 in stock form, but with the Supertrapp you can make it fairly quiet (3-4) to pretty loud (6-8).  It is a larger can, though, so it can scrape the ground in very agressive cornering (pegs will scrape first).    I'd describe the sound as "grunty" or "throaty".   Kinda mean sounding. (Somewhat like a stock YZF600r under hard throttle).  Doesn't have that high-pitched hi-revvin' wailing sound like a racebike would.  If that's the sound you're wanting, you won't get it from the 'trapp.

The D&D I had on my SecaII was VERY LOUD.  I've since pulled it off and put  stock stuff back on.  I have elderly neighbors and I try to be respectful most of the time.
-Brent