Author Topic: throttle cable and housing  (Read 2087 times)

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
throttle cable and housing
« on: March 18, 2010, 04:33:14 PM »
So i see my throttle cable is routed where my tank sits on it. I can get my idle steady with the bike parked and to the left then i turn the bars straight or right it revs up.

I had a friend look at it he noticed the house rotates, moving that causes the idle to rev or dip also. he said there should be a pin holding that in place.

What should hold that on the bar in place? Does any one have experience with these issues? I'm going to try to reroute it tonight and lube the cable.

Offline r_outsider

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: throttle cable and housing
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
Bloody hell we have a ton of experience with this. I've spent more hours chasing this...:rant2: First step is to get the service manual, open to chapter 8, section 15 & 18, and make sure everything looks like that. After you've done that to very little avail, turn the bars while watching the cable, maybe have someone put the tank on and off while you watch for ANYTHING that could possibly bind. And it looks like it should be tied up more but I've had better luck with letting it run free-ish (to a point-you want to keep it away from hoses and wires).

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 10:18:42 PM »
Ah good im not alone. I got it routed like the manual says. Seemed short but once i figured how to put it back i the housing and loosened it up it seems ok.  Looks to be just the right length. I need to turn it right and left some more though but ran out of daylight. I was hoping to fire it up but it started the died, thats whats next once i get this throttle cable eliminated from my problems.

thanks.

Offline crashoverrideplik

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2010, 11:24:28 PM »
I re-routed mine to where it doesn't go thru and around the fork tube. It stopped that rev while turning crap.