Author Topic: Time for a face lift  (Read 1961 times)

Offline jodyvan

• Board Homesteader!
Time for a face lift
« on: May 24, 2009, 11:27:17 PM »
I have decided to upgrade and polish the edges on my Jap Bandit GSF400VV. I have been thinking of the Bore kit, pistons, etc but I have no mechanical knowledge really and was hoping you could all provide some input as to what i can do...

Also I'll need some ideas on swapping the front gearbox for my speedo as I can't seem to locate the proper cable anywhere. The North American part seems to differ then the one I need. I have a tang drive at one end and square at the other. I bought the listed part number to put on a new gearbox but it didn't fit on the dual front disk model I have... Super frustrating... Any ideas here would help as well.

Anyways, if you could throw out some ideas on making this bike new and shiny I'd appreciate it. I'l probably start small at first and work my way up to the bore kit. I do believe i need to start with pistons and some drive pin that I'm told is bent as it's finnicky to get it into neutral.

I appreciate the input folks!!! :thanks:
91 Bandit GSF400VM Japan import

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Time for a face lift
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:34 PM »
Just a stab in the dark, but perhaps a GSX-R600/750/1100 or GSF600/750F (Katana) of similar vintage can provide the front wheel speedo drive you're looking for?
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jodyvan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 01:40:42 PM »
I read some stuff on that and wondered. I will for sure take a look thanks!!

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 06:47:22 PM »
Did'nt you read my post on the cable? the Bandit 600 is the same end and is 1" longer overall so will be good. :thumb:

Offline jodyvan

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 08:19:54 PM »
My dilemma is that it's the same end as the factory one I bought as it isn't a pressure fit I need.

I need a threaded tang drive on one end and a threaded square drive on the other. The bandit 600 is the same as what I have already tried. That is unless you can confirm the connectors on both ends of the cable you suggest are square threaded and tang drive threaded on the other ....... :beers: