Author Topic: 91 B400 wont start. Any ideas?  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Craig806

• TURBO TYPER!
91 B400 wont start. Any ideas?
« on: December 28, 2011, 11:45:46 AM »
My 91 B400 wont start, battery is less than a year old and fully charged, starter motor sounds strong. I pulled spark plugs #1 and #2 and found they weren’t sparking. I replaced the spark plugs while I was in there, so they are all new, the old ones looked fine though. I am thinking it’s likely the CDI any way to tell if it’s burnt out just by looking? Any other thoughts on what could do it? I am going to test the coils when I have a chance but will probably be upgrading to the coil stick setup since one of the wires to the boot #3 ripped out when I was checking  :duh: and upgrading the whole thing while im in there seems smart.

Backstory:
-It was running OK - had to have the idle set a little high around 2k so it wouldn't stall.
-It is stored outside for riding season with a cover and would have the same issue temporarily not starting for 1-2 days after any rain..

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Re: 91 B400 wont start. Any ideas?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2012, 12:09:23 AM »
coil wires hot and ground check and maybe the resistance of the pick up coil, pull plugs back out and look to see visual spark :thumb:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol