Author Topic: 95 Bandit 250 - Mystery Fluid Reservoir  (Read 2516 times)

Offline flecknoe

• New user!
95 Bandit 250 - Mystery Fluid Reservoir
« on: October 01, 2012, 09:21:36 PM »
Please allow me to introduce my 95 Bandit 250, pictured.  I recently purchased it and gave it a muffler (Danmoto for 600, expanded the midpipe to 2 inches) and some Rizoma bar end / mirrors and a new tank pad, Sport Demon tyres, a few other things.  It came also with dirtbike handlebars which are pretty wide.  Mothers Back to Black made a big difference to all the black plastics including the seat.  Before I take it out for a ride on the new tyres, can anyone tell me what I should fill the little white plastic bottle with (second picture)?  Looks like cooling water to me but I wouldn't want to get it wrong and I don't have a manual...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2012, 03:55:08 AM by flecknoe »

Offline bullet5

• Board Homesteader!
Re: 95 Bandit 250 - Mystery Fluid Reservoir
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2012, 07:03:13 AM »
Hello there, may I say that is one hell of a nice looking 250 you have there :thumb:

And your predictions are correct. It's an overflow/spare bottle, but there should be indicators for high/low coolant level on the side of it. Make sure it's at the right level and the correct coolant to water ratio, as the bikes do slowly evaporate it, and this will be used to top up the level in the main system of the bike automatically. :beers:

All the best,
Bullet5.

Offline flecknoe

• New user!
Re: 95 Bandit 250 - Mystery Fluid Reservoir
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 04:18:20 AM »
Thanks!  Just thought I'd show the adaptor I had made at a local muffler shop to get that Danmoto (cheap - $120!) muffler on.  The midpipe was too wide and I bought an adaptor on ebay (pictured left) which was the same width as the manifold end
 (not wider so that it could slip on).  So I took it down to HiTech Mufflers and had the one on the right made in about 20 minutes.  The rest was easy - if anyone else gets a Danmoto 600 don't forget to take the midpipe to the shop with you for fitting!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHzf45x3gH0
« Last Edit: October 03, 2012, 10:24:21 AM by flecknoe »