Author Topic: A very special day. 10 year anniversary  (Read 2836 times)

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
A very special day. 10 year anniversary
« on: April 20, 2005, 02:36:06 PM »
It was ten years ago this day that I purchased my B4.  I was at the ripe age of 17 and had not yet obtained my M1 license, so my Dad drove it home for me.  I'm surprised I didn't have an accident in my car as I was watching my dad in the rear view mirror the whole way home.  Of course that also allowed me to watch my dad disappear into the distance and pull off to the side of the road.  Turns out the dealer didn't have much gas in the tank and my dad couldn't find the reserve in time (we all know how hard it is to find the reserve with gloves on, even when you know where it's at).  After pushing the bike off the freeway and to a gas station, we were able to get someone from the dealer to send a guy out to jumpstart it (ran the battery down trying to restart).  By the time we got home it was dark, but I got a flashlight out and stood and stared at it for some time.  Wasn't long before I had my license in hand and started hitting the street.  Since then it's been 10 years of good times.  :motorsmile:

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 02:43:48 PM »
That story just brought a tear to my eye.  :thanks:
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline Banditboy600

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 04:14:02 PM »
Hold on, I am reaching for a tissue! :congrats:  
Seriously, that doesn't look like a ten year old bike, it is in awesome shape!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the original paint?  Here's to another ten years! :beers:
Kevin R
'02 Bandit 600S (sold)
'05 FZ1 silver

Offline TheKillerB

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2005, 02:40:06 AM »
Quote from: "Banditboy600"
Hold on, I am reaching for a tissue! :congrats:  
Seriously, that doesn't look like a ten year old bike, it is in awesome shape!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that the original paint?  Here's to another ten years! :beers:

Thanks!  Nope, not the original paint.  It started out a blue bike with silver frame.  The previous owner painted it a slightly more lemony yellow, I had it painted a yellow with a little more of an orangish tint (less lemon-like).

Offline mtbcrazy

• TURBO TYPER!
    • My 1992 Bandit
Wow!
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2005, 10:07:16 AM »
Beautiful bike!   :clap:

Yellow is my 2nd favorite color for a bike (red is #1).