Author Topic: almost new 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400 for sale on Ebay  (Read 2768 times)

Offline 2Fast4U

• TURBO TYPER!
almost new 1991 Suzuki Bandit 400 for sale on Ebay
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:48:26 AM »

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 12:37:07 AM »
Its mine now!!!!!!!!!
Bwah,hah,hah,hah.... :banana:
I only waited 15 years, to buy a B4!!

Offline duane

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 02:03:35 AM »
Ya, I've been watching this one.  This is the second time it's been listed.  The reserve was too high before.  With all respect due, I'm of the opinion it's not like new.  Rust on the header and other bolts, with 15,000 on the clock.  Hats off though to who ever built his Ebay sales page.  Lots of incredible pictures with great infromation.  See how the bike is on a pedestal that spins?  It is clean though for being a 1991.  

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 11:28:02 PM »
Ill let the exhaust rust slide for a few reasons......

1.Its an aftermarket exhaust system,so paint durability is gonna be.........ehhh?
2.Its from New England.Lots of rain,snow,salt,salt air,ect,ect....She'll have a nice,dry,rust free life out here in CA.....although I do live in somewhat damp Northern CA.
3.Its nearly stock,which I preffer.Id rather build it up myself than deal with someone elses mods.GSX-R suspension and brakes,here I come!!

I never did catch what the reserve was on it.I noticed the bike the day it went on,and I kinda balked at the $1,900 "buy it now" price.But after a few days of watching from the background,40 bids had pushed it up to almost $1,700, with a few people going back and forth in small increments.I figured Id just snatch it up for a few hundred more bucks,and not even risk getting outbid in the end,while only saving a few bucks off the "buy it" price.

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 01:00:18 AM »
Quote from: "turbofb"
Its an aftermarket exhaust system,so paint durability is gonna be.........ehhh?

Congrats on the new ride.

Don't wanna burst your bubble but the stock gsf400 headers rust like crazy (at least the ones imported to canada, US and whoever else didn't get stainless).

In reality that's not much rust at all on those headers. Those things heat up like mad and get water and crap sprayed all over them... when I got my bike there was so much surface rust I thought I was going to have to buy a new header.

Your gonna need to paint them yearly -- if you want them to look nice! $6 for paint and an hour of your time and yer set.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline turbofb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »
Damn,is it just me or has everyone been unable to access the BBS for a couple weeks!? I Kept getting an error page,no matter what computor I tried from?

Got the bike a little over a week ago,just got the regs and insurance today.It is as clean as in the pics,maybe more-so.The engine is perfectly clean,there is no corrosion or anything....damn thing looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor.
I tore it down to bare bones over the weekend,and cleaned the carbs,adjusted the valves and replaced everything else that I could think of....coolant,plugs,filters,ect.Im so glad I picked this little gem up.Now Ive got a few questions and comments,but Ill save that for another thread.......

Steve

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2007, 01:19:28 AM »
Quote from: "turbofb"
Damn,is it just me or has everyone been unable to access the BBS for a couple weeks!? I Kept getting an error page,no matter what computor I tried from?
Steve

No, it wasn't just you... hence the reason we're now running on a backup site.

The regular site would come up for a day or two here and there, but you never know when it was gonna puke again.

:thanks: again to Stormi (a B4 owner) for being gracious enough to host the backup site on her server!! She's also been smart enough to have been keeping updated copies of the board just in case something like this happened!

:bigok:  :beers:  :bigok:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)