Author Topic: This ever happened to you?  (Read 2303 times)

Offline Cyanide

• TURBO TYPER!
This ever happened to you?
« on: July 15, 2007, 06:40:49 PM »
I've had a somewhat interesting weekend that all started with a simple valve clearance check.

I stripped it all down and checked the valve clearances then noticed that the radiator was a state so decided to clean and repaint it while it was off.

Then I noticed that I could get to the shock easily with everything off so I decided it was about time to upgrade it to a Gixxer shock so I've ordered that.

Then I remembered that my rear pads were worn so I popped them off and was about to fit new ones when I noticed that the disc was grooved so the wheel came off and a new disc was ordered.

Then I started to notice the frame had a few rusty patches so out came the sander, rust treatment and a small pot of paint.

Now the bike's sat in the garage covered in wet paint with no rear wheel and the swing arm hanging loose waiting for new parts, all because I needed to check valve clearances!  :duh:

Offline tomacGTi

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 08:42:48 PM »
See my post about the exhaust cam...

It's a downward spiral I tell you.

-Randy

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2007, 11:58:58 AM »
Thats what happens when you have a site with such great info you tendi to become superman :motorsmile:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Cyanide

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2007, 01:16:11 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Thats what happens when you have a site with such great info you tendi to become superman :motorsmile:

I'll only be a superman if it all goes back together and starts first time  :shock: