Author Topic: Quick O-Ring count...  (Read 3324 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Quick O-Ring count...
« on: October 08, 2006, 03:42:33 PM »
For some reason this is eluding me, how many total o-rings are there in the carbs. I count four, two on the float assembly, one on the top cover, and one on the pilot air screw. Only reason I ask this I was looking at rebuild kits on ebay, and they have 3 loose o-rings, and then the float valve has one already on it. Is that the fourth ring? Or are there five and they are just not including the pilot air screw one? I'm missing of my pilot screw o rings, so i will need those too. I just want to make sure to get everything at once...

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Quick O-Ring count...
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 04:30:02 PM »
there is 20 actually but that kit doesnt add the ones to the fuel screws
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Quick O-Ring count...
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2006, 06:09:21 PM »
That's what I needed to know, think that's a size I could get locally? As I'm missing one.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Quick O-Ring count...
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2006, 07:32:21 PM »
yes sir
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline devilears

• TURBO TYPER!
Quick O-Ring count...
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 03:37:40 PM »
On which fuel screws must the last o-rings be. Is it on the pilot air jet or just the normal pilot jet? Or is it somewhere completely different? Replaced my o-rings today -
2 on the float assembly
1 on the emulsion tube
1 under the membrane cover

Only need to replace that last one on the fuel screws but don't know which ones it is. And if possible can someone please tell me what size this specific o-ring must be?

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Quick O-Ring count...
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 03:08:55 PM »
Just wanted to clarify here, I was looking at these kits on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=180035851290&ih=008&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Are those all the o-rings that i need? Or is there another one I'm missing?

Steve

--Nick Voge