Author Topic: ather bike CHAINGUARD after removing the orginal, help  (Read 3000 times)

Offline 2Fast4U

• TURBO TYPER!
ather bike CHAINGUARD after removing the orginal, help
« on: December 19, 2006, 02:14:13 PM »
hello,

i've removed my orginal CHAINGUARD to give my bike a diffrent loke and i love it.
no i have a problem with the chain, after i spray it it's all over my bike.
in firest i want to bay a aftermarket CHAINGUARD but it's cost mach more money then a replacement from anoter bike, my question is: witch other chainguard will fit my bandit 400? (maybe GSX600, FZR, ER500 but i don't know for sure)
i'm looking for something like that:

thanks, idan.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 03:50:46 PM »
Do a search on "chainguard".  I posted about the one I made a year or so ago.  I started with an OLD GS500 guard and cut it up with a dremmel to the shape I wanted.  It turned out pretty good.  It was still black plastic but it worked and looked better than the stock hugger/guard, IMHO.

BTW - if you let your lube set up over night (after applying to a warm chain), it won't fling so bad.  Also, some lubes fling more than others.  I know some hate waxes but Maxima chain wax, in the gold can I think, doesn't fling much at all if applied as above.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline 2Fast4U

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 05:32:03 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
Do a search on "chainguard".  I posted about the one I made a year or so ago.  I started with an OLD GS500 guard and cut it up with a dremmel to the shape I wanted.  It turned out pretty good.  It was still black plastic but it worked and looked better than the stock hugger/guard, IMHO.

thanks,
i found the post,
http://forums.banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=40&highlight=

bat the pictures is missing, can you upload it?

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 08:49:18 PM »
Dude - I don't.  Those are on my old computer which isn't connected to the 'net right now and has a non-functional burner.  Find a pic of a first generation SV650.  It was very close to that.  Here's the middle of it from a pic I have on my photobucket page (not much help but, you get the idea)...

Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7