Author Topic: No top end  (Read 7688 times)

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
Re: No top end
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 12:28:42 AM »
I got a fuel hose but its a little big, so im trying to make it work.

I got everything back together but i have a leak somewhere. Its starting but reving to 10-12k and just staying there. I took out the rubber gromets from under the top cap because they were bigger then normal and i could see a little gap. Cant really start it right now as everyone is sleeping :)

Ill keep trying tomorrow if i get a chance.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »
took out the gromets and its not reving high now.

But now when i blip the gas it bogs then revs and hangs at 4k then comes down. Too rich? should i adjust the air/fuel screws?

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2011, 11:20:23 AM »
What grommets are you talking about?

Let me put it this way, there are no parts inside a carburetor that you don't need.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
the gromets under the top cap, the little nipples. I have some but they are too fat.

I bought 3/16 fuel line but i can see its too big, they didnt have any 5/16, ill have to try another shop.

I can tell its got more power but it needs tweaked, its like 90% there.

It seems like its idling ok but when i put the clutch in the rpms stay at like 4k, they don't drop, same with revving it at idle it kinda slowly falls back to idle.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2011, 11:37:04 AM »
Sounds like it's sucking in air from somewhere, or the carbs need to be balanced.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2011, 12:51:04 PM »
Anyone know where to get those smaller orings? I bought the smallest ace had here and too fat.  I was missing all but 1 before and it wasnt sucking air that  i noticed.

Im sure the screws need adjusted and carbs synced also.

Once its not so cold im going to try to see if it goes over 55.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2011, 03:16:50 PM »
Try going to autozone and picking up their 'Assorted O-rings' pack. I've had good luck finding what I'm looking for in those.

Even a small air leak can cause all sorts of large issues, you likely won't be able to hear or see it unless it's a big one. But yeah, failure to return quickly to idle is a common, 'Hey, your carbs need syncing!' sign.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »
stopped at a honda dealer and they had 4 that matched perfectly!! Got the right fuel line also. Ill get that all in soon and update.

Offline canyonbreeze

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2011, 12:20:21 PM »
It's ok if they are a little too fat as they get smashed down.  Leaving them out is a vacuum leak though so don't do that.

Offline Chris H

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2011, 05:26:36 PM »
Sorry for not posting earlier but there is no way the bike needs 108 jets, camarobandito please dont take offence, but the Dyno jet kit runs very fine needles and the main jets are not the same as mikuni, same numbers but they flow differently so are not like for like. You have some other fault that is causing the weak running, also you must use Viton orings in the carbs so no cheap packs form the pound shop.

Offline fireburster

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2011, 08:11:27 PM »
got all of the parts put on last night. No vacuum leak now.

Got out on the hwy and it was the same.

I'm syncing the carbs now and the 1-2 were way off, carb 2 was pulling more then 1.

Looks like it maybe something more serious with the bike then i guess.

Update, synced carbs, really pulls now, i got to 70-75 before i had to turn but i could feel more power for sure. It didnt seem to go more then that yet but its something better.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 09:21:02 PM by fireburster »

Offline lasa_dal

• Board Regular!
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2011, 10:52:45 AM »
I got a fuel hose but its a little big, so im trying to make it work.

I got everything back together but i have a leak somewhere. Its starting but reving to 10-12k and just staying there. I took out the rubber gromets from under the top cap because they were bigger then normal and i could see a little gap. Cant really start it right now as everyone is sleeping :)

Ill keep trying tomorrow if i get a chance.

i have the same issue on my b2  :duh: its making me nuts :banghead: i tried everything with the carbs byt no luck .

Offline lasa_dal

• Board Regular!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 07:47:07 AM »
got all of the parts put on last night. No vacuum leak now.

Got out on the hwy and it was the same.

I'm syncing the carbs now and the 1-2 were way off, carb 2 was pulling more then 1.

Looks like it maybe something more serious with the bike then i guess.

Update, synced carbs, really pulls now, i got to 70-75 before i had to turn but i could feel more power for sure. It didnt seem to go more then that yet but its something better.

your bike should go at lest 170 Kmph. my b2 could touch 130 kmph on 3rd and top speed up  to 185 kmph ( before it went crap)

now the top speed is 120  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:48:47 AM by lasa_dal »

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2011, 06:48:39 PM »
FWIW, I used to a '93 B4, stock. I had the carbs rebuilt at a local shop and never had a problem with my bike after that. When I wiped it out it had 50,000 miles on it and easily still went over 100MPH. Therefore I don't think you really needed custom jets for the sucker.